User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

I mean.. it isn't a big thing. But it is fun to feel competitiveness in one's life. It's fun to say, "Hah! You made up that stupid rule, and now YOU have to do it!" It's really just a way to create pretend pressure in a non-pressure sort of thing. I mean, games can be fun in their own right, but sometimes at parties and stuff it's fun to act silly and do silly things--that's sort of what makes parties lively. You add excitement with something free and not really that embarrassing.

I mean, is it seriously THAT distressing for everyone on the forum to say, "Oh, I lost at this nonsensical game.. and Now I have to write numbers in the air. With my butt. In front of my friends. I'll never recover. "

I can't imagine everyone on here is THAT stressed out about acting a bit silly in their lives.
    when I say i get bored and leave it's because they game has gone on to long, imo not because i'm not willing to pay the consequences. Plus i've almost punched people who tried to get me to give a shit about winning fucking cards, I'm playing because I want to, i don't brag when I win nor do i cry in the corner if i lose. That's the thing I don't give a shit. The game is not gonna change the world this is why competition is stupid, I don't need to prove myself to you. you don't pay me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    when I say i get bored and leave it's because they game has gone on to long, imo not because i'm not willing to pay the consequences. Plus i've almost punched people who tried to get me to give a shit about winning fucking cards, I'm playing because I want to, i don't brag when I win nor do i cry in the corner if i lose. That's the thing I don't give a shit. The game is not gonna change the world this is why competition is stupid, I don't need to prove myself to you. you don't pay me.
    I dunno why people would give you shit for winning.. but, competition isn't that stupid. Especially in games. In nature most hunters learn the confidence to hunt through games. As children we learn friendly competition because there's real competition out there, and we have to learn to try our best while handling others' best with grace. Not everyone wins. I find friendly competition more than a little enjoyable, which I'm sure my type plays heavily into, but sometimes it's good to get excited about stupid stuff for the sake of just being excited and lively.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

I dunno why people would give you shit for winning.. but, competition isn't that stupid. Especially in games. In nature most hunters learn the confidence to hunt through games. As children we learn friendly competition because there's real competition out there, and we have to learn to try our best while handling others' best with grace. Not everyone wins. I find friendly competition more than a little enjoyable, which I'm sure my type plays heavily into, but sometimes it's good to get excited about stupid stuff for the sake of just being excited and lively.
    yeah but i mean it's stupid when people get upset over the outcome. and yeah i get excited over stupid stuff, but that does not make me competetive. competition is not the only thing to get excited over.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Nothing, .. really.
    I’ve won, and that’s enough.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ^^ I'm kinda surprised those hockey sticks have no spikes on them. Have you gone soft?
    And they've had time to develop an immunity to Britney Spears; she's so, like 1999.

You need to up the ante!
    Skates can be tied around the blade of the stick in lieu of spikes. It's optional.

And I'm not sure anyone can develop an immunity to this:
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quite often after I win a game, I summarize the game shortly: "I won because I managed to keep doing this thing without being interrupted". Sometimed I give advices to people I'm playing with. Games can be seen as practicing competiviness, therefore it's okay to be open about your strategies and methods. I'd never humiliate my opponents, I'm satistified having already bested them.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I mean.. it isn't a big thing. But it is fun to feel competitiveness in one's life. It's fun to say, "Hah! You made up that stupid rule, and now YOU have to do it!" It's really just a way to create pretend pressure in a non-pressure sort of thing. I mean, games can be fun in their own right, but sometimes at parties and stuff it's fun to act silly and do silly things--that's sort of what makes parties lively. You add excitement with something free and not really that embarrassing.

I mean, is it seriously THAT distressing for everyone on the forum to say, "Oh, I lost at this nonsensical game.. and Now I have to write numbers in the air. With my butt. In front of my friends. I'll never recover. "

I can't imagine everyone on here is THAT stressed out about acting a bit silly in their lives.
    Life is chock full of illusory pressures as it is for me not to desire something like this.

This stick enjoys his watery earth. I'm boring to many, but that's the way I like it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If there aren't sexual favors involved I typically don't care. I guess I play games for fun, I like money but I've never seen the point of embarassing people unless I am personally upset with them, because unhealthy Fi is vindictive like that.

And I really really loved board games and card games as a kid. I grew up around old people so I had a backgammon set and I adored poker chips as a small child, before I could tabulate monetary value. It's funny I never became a gamer in terms of video games, never really made it too far past arcade games, you wouldn't know it to meet me now, but I went through a phase in my teens where I was by turns bored and terrified by computers (I think most people stereotype sensors this way but then the internetz added cat pictures and more people to fight with).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I am very competitive, in a way, I don't ever like to back down from arguments to the point of it being an embarassing character flaw, and I always wanted to be a front row performer in my dance recitals, I sang solos at church, etc.

I don't see the correlation between doing this and being competitive. Winning or being right is enough for me, success is the best revenge, if he loves me I don't get further pleasure from making him my errand boy.

I don't care for traditional sports, but I love reality show contests like cupcake wars and summer camp, and pick sides or predict who wins like I imagine sports fans do. What you are describing sounds more like class clown stuff, like slumber party stick your girlfriends hand in cold water or write nerd on her forehead in lipstick because she fell asleep first (I mean girlfriend in the non sexual southern way, like "Hey girlfriend"). I never used that as incentives for games I just don't see the point.

... we have to learn to try our best while handling others' best with grace. Not everyone wins.
    That's why you need to learn to be a magnanimous winner too.