First 67891018 Last

Thread: Mom Quotes

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    OH, GOD.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My own mom wouldn't even understand that game. "Why is everyone laughing?"
    Oh... god love 'her.

[Then again, I took my son to a party last year and we actually played that with about 15 people at once... turns out my son had already played it. And I guess for the purposes of this thread, I'm actually the mom here... and I tied for winning with someone else, so... he could be posting stuff about me in here!]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I'm trying to think of stuff my kids would post here about me...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    My mom has been texting "LOL" at the strangest moments recently. I'm asking her tonight what the hell she thinks it means
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Lots of love. That's what my mom thought it meant. She was stunned by the real meaning and decided she didn't like it.

My mother still signs e-mails to me "LOL".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Lots of love. That's what my mom thought it meant. She was stunned by the real meaning and decided she didn't like it.
    Is she by any chance related to Phil Dunphy?

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I dare you to introduce her to Cards Against Humanity.
    My mom secretly enjoys Cards Against Humanity. She tries to give the appearance of being offended, all "Oh, my!" and "How rude!" because she feels that she's supposed to...but her giggles totally give her away.

I'm proud of her. I don't imagine most moms would enjoy playing CAH with their kids.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You went and spoiled the surprise!
    When I was younger my dad used to leave the toilet seat up. One night I woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning needing to pee real bad. In unbearable pain I stumbled through the dark and after what felt like a lifetime in gitmo, eventually found my way to the bathroom. I began to sit down on what I thought was the toilet seat and the sensation of heavenly relief had already begun to set in when BAM! my ass hit toilet water, I lost my balance my feet came of the grown and I fell into the toilet boil. It was completely dark and I was still half asleep as a struggled to crawl of the toilet and back on to dry land. Eventually I found the light switch and was able to turn it on. What happened next is unclear in my normally perfect memory, but what I believe happened is that upon seeing the light reflecting off the orangish red turbulent surface of the toilet water I realized that the toilet had been full of blood and piss before I fell into and and I let out a blood-curdling scream.

My dad never forgot to put the toilet seat down after that and everyone in my family is now very good at remembering to flush.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Likes senza tema, SD45T-2, grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I call my mom to tell her something I keep meaning to tell her, she doesn't answer calls right back

mom: I'm here with mariah we're setting up the christmas tree
    me: (I tell her what i keep forgetting to tell her)
    mom:Mariah's dying of hunger for yolo* I have to go I'll talk to you later

the funny thing is she can take over a day to call me back, but she calls me back right away to tell me she can't talk now, LOL.

*yolo is a local frozen yogurt place
    btw yolo existed before yolo was popular. It stands for local yogurt as everything there is obtained locally
    mariah is a 12 year old girl from my mom's church that helps my mom with her chocolate business and is really good with organizing so my mom has her over to help with organizing stuff. right now they're setting up the christmas tree. I've actually told my mom because she has a lot to organize in the house to hire mariah, because my mom does pay her and her strength is with organizing and cleaning. but my mom has said it's stuff i need to go through myself once i've made piles she can organize but at this point she's not gonna know what to keep and what to throw out.

i'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to repeat what i told her.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    When I was younger my dad used to leave the toilet seat up. One night I woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning needing to pee real bad. In unbearable pain I stumbled through the dark and after what felt like a lifetime in gitmo, eventually found my way to the bathroom. I began to sit down on what I thought was the toilet seat and the sensation of heavenly relief had already begun to set in when BAM! my ass hit toilet water, I lost my balance my feet came of the grown and I fell into the toilet boil. It was completely dark and I was still half asleep as a struggled to crawl of the toilet and back on to dry land. Eventually I found the light switch and was able to turn it on. What happened next is unclear in my normally perfect memory, but what I believe happened is that upon seeing the light reflecting off the orangish red turbulent surface of the toilet water I realized that the toilet had been full of blood and piss before I fell into and and I let out a blood-curdling scream.

My dad never forgot to put the toilet seat down after that and everyone in my family is now very good at remembering to flush.
    Holy hell, that is the stuff of nightmares.
    Likes PocketFullOf, corpseparty liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I call my mom to tell her something I keep meaning to tell her, she doesn't answer calls right back

mom: I'm here with mariah we're setting up the christmas tree
    me: (I tell her what i keep forgetting to tell her)
    mom:Mariah's dying of hunger for yolo* I have to go I'll talk to you later

the funny thing is she can take over a day to call me back, but she calls me back right away to tell me she can't talk now, LOL.

*yolo is a local frozen yogurt place
    btw yolo existed before yolo was popular. It stands for local yogurt as everything there is obtained locally
    mariah is a 12 year old girl from my mom's church that helps my mom with her chocolate business and is really good with organizing so my mom has her over to help with organizing stuff. right now they're setting up the christmas tree. I've actually told my mom because she has a lot to organize in the house to hire mariah, because my mom does pay her and her strength is with organizing and cleaning. but my mom has said it's stuff i need to go through myself once i've made piles she can organize but at this point she's not gonna know what to keep and what to throw out.

i'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to repeat what i told her.
    Please tell me this place is in Yolo county.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can