Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mom Quotes

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    This 93JC guy seems to have some anger issues.
    Right? I thought I was critical. My mom is aggravating sometimes, but I would never talk to her that way. (She'd probably cuff me on the side of the head if I did.)
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

On still being tired a few months after the end of her chemo and radiation--

Me: "Mom, what did your doctor say about it?"
    Mom: "Oh, I didn't ask. Don't you worry about me. I am a patient of the Great Physician."

Thanks Mom, that's super reassuring when your Great Physician let you develop a tumor on your pancreas last year.
    Likes Tiltyred, GarrotTheThief, santoku, Bknight liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This morning, I woke to find the streets covered in ice, and this text from my mom. She knows that I dislike emoticons.

"Good morning, my little Grumpy Cat! Hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather! Semi-colon right parenthesis."
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Ivy, GarrotTheThief, Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^your mom's adorable.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

(about to walk down the stairs after singing happy birthday)
    (mom grabs my shirt and pulls it back)
    me: let go of me. (calmly)
    (mom pulls shirt preventing me from going down the stairs)
    me: let go of me I said!
    me: I have to finish my work!
    me: LET GO OF ME DAMMIT!
    (mom lets go and I fall down stairs)
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    lighten up

No.

I post a little story that had both my mum and I laughing at the end of it, and then I get a rep comment from you saying [redacted], and a post saying "Instead of being a rude, disrespectful jerk to your mom... (I would have put you in your place)", and comments from the peanut gallery like "This guy seems to have some anger issues," and "Right? I would never talk to [my mother] that way." Aw yeah, I'm awfully mean to her. 'Specially those four weeks in the hospital earlier this summer, when I visited her only every other day. What a prick I am. And then after she was discharged home and spent two months recovering I had the gall to be there to cook meals, clean, and made sure she could bathe and use the toilet. You'd "put me in my place", would you?

Tell me, how does it feel getting put in your place? I'm curious 'cause believe me, it feels pretty awesome putting you in it.

MBTI
    yupp

my mom says some quote worthy stuff, but i can't remember any of it. curse of being asked for something specific.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Tell me, how does it feel getting put in your place? I'm curious 'cause believe me, it feels pretty awesome putting you in it.
    You did?

Sounded more like reacting with projected feelings of invalidation. If you want someone to know it was a funny story, make sure it reads that way. (Because it sounded terse and inflammatory)

Sorry about your mom though.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

This one isn't as funny but this is what my ENFJ 2w3 mom typed to me after I sent her the ENFPs and laziness video:

Chandler, you have no idea how much I love you and how hard it is for me to admit that I had little more than a small part in making you the carefree (and choosy) person you are. When I grow up, I want to be you... seriously.

Dad is Dad. After three minutes, he said, "I've seen enough bullshit. Sounds like an excuse to be lazy." Honestly, did you expect anything else? He's cut from a different cloth. I then went into a tirade of how I wish I could be more like you-- do things that make me happy. I don't know what it is to live a day without considering someone else's feelings, desires, wants or needs. How much happier would the world be if so many of us stopped letting our happiness be contingent upon the happiness of others? I'm learning the difference at this late stage between empathy and martyrdom. Love you to the moon. Thanks for continuing to open my eyes.
    She says a lot of stuff like this to me now. I think finally getting a break from each other for the past 2 years because of college has taught us to appreciate each other a lot more than before.

@Starry does this sound like your momma at all?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes cm81 liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Array Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    You did?

Sounded more like reacting with projected feelings of invalidation. If you want someone to know it was a funny story, make sure it reads that way. (Because it sounded terse and inflammatory)

Sorry about your mom though.
    I thought the story was pretty funny since my mother is not much different. I think your self-righteous attitude is uncalled for, not every one has a functional relationship with their parents and you're assuming a lot about it despite only receiving several paragraphs to judge it on.

@93JC, it does seem like you have anger that you haven't dealt with although it's understandable considering what you've said so far.
    Likes Ivy, SpankyMcFly liked this post

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast