User Tag List

12 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Evolution: Survival of the fittest?

If we assume that nature is complex, which it is to my understanding, then we can assume certain natural constructs are not temporal in our subjective sense of time.

So we can assume that nature has a direction since we do when we say things like survival of the fittest.

But is it possible nature does not intend our survival? Maybe nature has made us to be terraformers or transformers of the earth and our purpose is to end ourselves while simultaneously making earth's environment more like mars. If that's the case then it would make sense that nature would prune out the fittest candidates for the longevity of the human species as a catalyst to end our time here on the surface of earth. Perhaps just enough people who are smart are left to reproduce so as to prolong our existence to the exact moment earth becomes uninhabitable and then after that we end.

If that's the case then survival of the fittest is kind of a misnomer..and since we will never know what nature intends we are forced to admit it's possible nature wants the least fit to survive or survival of the fittest up to a point and then after that we need just enough dumb people to cause the end of humanity.

discuss if you want. I'm not fully sure I believe this. I'm just trying to come to grips with why more people with above average intelligence don't reproduce. It's as if nature doesn't like smart people. Perhaps having an average IQ over 120 is not something nature wants humanity to have. Perhaps it is considered a weakness?
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

IQ is a tool, the will is its wielder.

We should wonder the will of individuals...

"And in fact it's striking the intelligence that's used by ordinary people in sports, that listen to radio stations, people that call in have the most exotic information, uh, understanding of arcane issues..."

irrespective of intelligence. On what foundations are our wills laid?
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah we were created by aliens to destroy all life on earth, wtf, srsly, I don't even. ...

"we can assume certain natural constructs are not temporal in our subjective sense of time"...? Gobbledygook.

Your problem is that you're making a false assumption. 'Smarter' does not necessarily mean 'fitter'.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    IQ is a tool, the will is its wielder.

We should wonder the will of individuals...

"And in fact it's striking the intelligence that's used by ordinary people in sports, that listen to radio stations, people that call in have the most exotic information, uh, understanding of arcane issues..."

irrespective of intelligence. On what foundations are our wills laid?
    this is a really good answer. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    "we can assume certain natural constructs are not temporal in our subjective sense of time"...? Gobbledygook.

Your problem is that you're making a false assumption. 'Smarter' does not necessarily mean 'fitter'.
    never-mind.,..I misread read your response. You're saying that smarter is not fitter. That Is a good answer but I didn't assume it was necessarily in my response it was more of an example.

So you're saying fitter is who ever survives right? That's your definition of fit?

At the end of the day though bare in mind everything is based on an an unproven assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yeah we were created by aliens to destroy all life on earth, wtf, srsly, I don't even. ...
    where did I say anything about aliens? Are you assuming because I said nature intends something for us that I think nature is sentient? Everything has a purpose...that can be proved. There is not one single thing that has ever been observed which has no purpose. Point to something that has no purpose.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    this is a really good answer. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

so you're saying that nature is temporal? Just wondering...not arguing here just want to know what you think about nature.

- - - Updated - - -

where did I say anything about aliens? Are you assuming because I said nature intends something for us that I think nature is sentient? Everything has a purpose...that can be proved. There is not one single thing that has ever been observed which has no purpose. Point to something that has no purpose.
    You really think people evolved from sentient nature to kill it? I think the answer is much more simple. Western philosophy gave us science, and combined with the human centric Abrahamic religions, the two things resulted in an imbalanced modern society where people are so egotistical that they're destroying life by trying to save it. Modern medicine and factory farming have given us overpopulated areas and new diseases, and the conceit of the worship of science as religion gave us unethical unrestrained "progress" and a kind of capitalism that led to over development. Ever heard Jesus say "he who seeks to save his life will lose it"...He wasn't just whistling Dixie, son. No, nature will be just fine, it's survived ice ages, we are the ones who are going to die and take other species with us. Pride is in fact the deadliest sin. Even if a person isn't Christian, there's enormous wisdom in these statements. We cannot overcome that which we are and from where we came. The Taoist have the right idea, now only if I could rid myself of this terrible Western affectation to debate.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

and the conceit of the worship of science as religion gave us unethical unrestrained "progress"
    lol.

this is exactly not a problem.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You really think people evolved from sentient nature to kill it? I think the answer is much more simple. Western philosophy gave us science, and combined with the human centric Abrahamic religions, the two things resulted in an imbalanced modern society where people are so egotistical that they're destroying life by trying to save it. Modern medicine and factory farming have given us overpopulated areas and new diseases, and the conceit of the worship of science as religion gave us unethical unrestrained "progress" and a kind of capitalism that led to over development. Ever heard Jesus say "he who seeks to save his life will lose it"...He wasn't just whistling Dixie, son. No, nature will be just fine, it's survived ice ages, we are the ones who are going to die and take other species with us. Pride is in fact the deadliest sin. Even if a person isn't Christian, there's enormous wisdom in these statements. We cannot overcome that which we are and from where we came. The Taoist have the right idea, now only if I could rid myself of this terrible Western affectation to debate.
    thanks...alright now I understand where you're coming from. This is a good answer too. I posted here and got three good answers. That is really rare on message boards. I appreciate this response. I will return here many times to read all three above.
    it was open
    -the end"

Likes Thalassa liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    lol.

this is exactly not a problem.
    That's your opinion. Progress is not an end into itself, to see if we can because we can is not the answer. Petroleum based products like plastic were supposed to be progress. Helping people live longer lives was supposed to be progress, but now one billion people are starving to death, processed foods are supposed to be progress, cars were progress but pollute the environment and add stress to our daily lives, people think chemicals are automatically better than some safe natural treatments which is only true part of the time, Eastern culture in general sees the West as "overly masculine" when until fairly recently women thought being equal meant acting more like men and now that feminists are actually promoting feminine earth based cultures and so forth many people are uncomfortable, but I think it's really the only answer or we are seriously all going to fucking die. I mean it's probably our destination anyhow, but I cannot ethically justify the slow suffering of billions of humans as well as the death and compromise of other living things. Concrete is progress? Seriously some people do not think beyond these things. Some science is ethical but it's not always the case and many times it has unintended consequences, a lot of it appears to be strictly about the human ego and people who have God complexes or who are terrified of nature because they despise their own nature.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I stopped reading at vilification of plastics