User Tag List

First 1234 Last

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think I saw an article on this earlier in the week. (Did you get the idea to ask this from seeing an article?) I think it had to do with confabulating somewhat specific narratives to make sense of reality? Basically, coming up with stories about what's going on around us and sharing those stories in order to connect?
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Imagination?

Bring imagination into reality?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Ruin the world?
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Make art?

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

All of these are good guesses but some animals have some depth of imagination, and some can even be argued to make art.

The one big thing that HUMANS CAN DO AND HAVE DONE that ANIMALS HAVE NEVER DONE which has allowed humans to develop technology and expand in all ways is pretty straight forward.

HUMANS CAN INTENTIONALLY HARNESS THE POWER OF FIRE! Yes...that is the one thing which humans can do which animals have not...although maybe they will too one day. who knows?

So the answer is harnessing the power of fire...that is what humans did to cook meat which allowed their brains to expand and hence where we are today...all the result of us one day accidentally finding out how to cultivate the flame.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    All of these are good guesses but some animals have some depth of imagination, and some can even be argued to make art.

The one big thing that HUMANS CAN DO AND HAVE DONE that ANIMALS HAVE NEVER DONE which has allowed humans to develop technology and expand in all ways is pretty straight forward.

HUMANS CAN INTENTIONALLY HARNESS THE POWER OF FIRE! Yes...that is the one thing which humans can do which animals have not...although maybe they will too one day. who knows?

So the answer is harnessing the power of fire...that is what humans did to cook meat which allowed their brains to expand and hence where we are today...all the result of us one day accidentally finding out how to cultivate the flame.
    I still think our ability to pull things out of the sea, and our urge to create art with it is what makes us more uniquely human, than our ability to cook food.. But perhaps this is a pointless argument.
    Likes Fay, GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I still think our ability to pull things out of the sea, and our urge to create art with it is what makes us more uniquely human, than our ability to cook food.. But perhaps this is a pointless argument.
    not at all...we're not arguing since I'm open to that idea.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

According to Noam Chomsky, a random mutation in the brain created the ability to re-categorize our labels for our surroundings, called MERGE. Once we had MERGE, we gradually built up a culture from nothing, until we reached the pinnacle we are at today.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    According to Noam Chomsky, a random mutation in the brain created the ability to re-categorize our labels for our surroundings, called MERGE. Once we had MERGE, we gradually built up a culture from nothing, until we reached the pinnacle we are at today.

I thank you for mentioning MERGE: another clue in the puzzle to research.
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Well can you guess the one thing animals can't do that humans can on a fundamental level? IT's the one single thing that separates humans from animals.
    Last time I checked, humans are animals too. Perhaps one day when we can relate and not differentiate, the world would be a better place for "everyone".
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous