User Tag List

123 Last

Default Targeted Individual

I'm a Targeted Individual (or something similar). Putting aside any belief that I'm insane and am imagining all that's happening to me, why do you think someone would do this to me? How do you think things are set up to allow something like this to happen? How do you think they get away with all of this? What do you think can be done to expose what's happening? What do you think can be done to make this go away (medication obviously won't do anything to stop what's happening (and it didn't work in my case))?

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    Putting aside any belief that I'm insane and am imagining all that's happening to me
    Sorry bud, can't do that.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Disposition Matrix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I almost bought stocks, back when. Oh well.
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter

MBTI
    yupp

If this is happening, I don't think anyone here would know anything about to do actually do. and also that being said why would post about it on a forum that's really not that hard to access even the restricted parts just keep posting til you reach like 500 posts and anything would be open. If someone was after me I'm just saying i'd lay low. the only thing i can suggest is maybe figuring out who and some how silencing them. but I dunno I'm not spy. If someone did know, what makes you think they would offer info? this just seems very high risk. I dunno
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    I'm a Targeted Individual (or something similar). Putting aside any belief that I'm insane and am imagining all that's happening to me, why do you think someone would do this to me? How do you think things are set up to allow something like this to happen? How do you think they get away with all of this? What do you think can be done to expose what's happening? What do you think can be done to make this go away (medication obviously won't do anything to stop what's happening (and it didn't work in my case))?
    Well, as a preface, I'm not sure I think that the concept of a "targeted individual" is necessarily going to be very helpful in getting away from whatever situation you are in. It seems to rely on paranoid and victimized thinking. I would primarily suggest moving away from the "targeted individual" perspective and moving towards a perspective of being an individual with agency facing systematic oppression from a source.

Given that, in answer to your questions:

1. why do you think someone would do this to me?

Typically people oppress others because they feel threatened or hurt by them. What could you have done to make someone else feel threatened or hurt by you to an extent that they would significantly alter their life to negatively impact yours?

2. How do you think things are set up to allow something like this to happen?

This is one of those sorts of questions I think sounds like a paranoid thought train. Rather, let's change its format:

2. How do you think illegal and unethical activity like oppression can slip through the cracks?

Unfortunately, humans can't always discourage themselves from acting in ways that are harmful to others, especially when they feel hurt or frightened. This is true for both individuals and groups.

3. How do you think they get away with all of this?

I don't think they do, for the most part. Systematic crime certainly takes place, but it is also being cracked away at by myriad organizations around the globe. While there are certainly unfortunate cases, I think they are a small minority, and that they typically take place in especially poorly-managed, poverty-stricken, and wartorn areas.

4. What do you think can be done to expose what's happening?

Speaking up to trustworthy authorities.

5. What do you think can be done to make this go away (medication obviously won't do anything to stop what's happening (and it didn't work in my case))?

Being that I don't know your exact situation, I couldn't tell you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    4. What do you think can be done to expose what's happening?

Speaking up to trustworthy authorities.
    ^

Unless you're being forced to use a proxy, the mods know where you live.

If you are being directly, physically oppressed you aren't out of reach. Share more.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    ^

Unless you're being forced to use a proxy, the mods know where you live.
    Well, that's not particularly true. With a few clicks, I can see IP addresses, but they're not displayed without us intentionally seeking them, and it doesn't immediately show the corresponding location. That requires some work on our parts. Even so, it's only the approximate location of the computer the person is using. We have no idea if it's their home, their work, or a computer in a public place. It is little more than anyone with basic technological skills can obtain access to, perhaps less. More importantly, the only main reason we check IPs is to make sure accounts aren't duplicates. We're all volunteers and I can't speak for the others, but I know I have a busy enough life that I have zero interest in habitually checking member data.

If you are being directly, physically oppressed you aren't out of reach. Share more.
    I get the irony - and that this is a very 6 answer! - but that's sort of the problem. There's little I or most others can do about direct physical oppression - but this "targeted individual" concept is heavily mental. There isn't much we as forum members can do (unless you happen to be a policeman, military member, or other variety of armed protector) to get someone out from under physical locking-in, but what's being referred to here isn't that. It's the perception of being locked away, of not being able to reach out. It's a perception that causes people to feel like they can't escape, and I believe one antidote is to establish real-world data that runs directly against that. My suggestion would be to reach out to an individual that one has established longstanding trust with, particularly one whose career requires a longterm commitment to ground-level humanitarian work or who is notably uninterested in politics - people who are least likely to be affiliated with organizations that profit from human oppression.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

We only check member connection data when we think someone might be using a duplicate account. Otherwise we don't really care where you're from.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

sooo I could've been lying this whole time? I don't think I would've but, I figured if I did a mod would hang me. not literally hang, oh I hope not that be terrible. I really thought you knew my exact adress and a bunch of shit.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sooo I could've been lying this whole time? I don't think I would've but, I figured if I did a mod would hang me. not literally hang, oh I hope not that be terrible. I really thought you knew my exact adress and a bunch of shit.
    Naw, we can use FaceBook for that stuff.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft