User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think beards are attractive

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a women and think beards are the shit! I love them.

17 26.15%
  • I'm a women and I don't like beards!

11 16.92%
  • I'm an woman and don't care either way.

20 30.77%
  • I'm a man and think beards look great!

9 13.85%
  • I'm a man and think beards look like shit!

3 4.62%
  • I"m a man and couldn't care less.

11 16.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I love short, well-trimmed beards. Anything from 5-o'clock shadow to about half an inch. Second to that, no facial hair. Last preference, large bushy beard. For me, this applies to basically all men I have ever encountered.
    That's so odd, haha.

Here's why, so some women say they like beards (I believe them all on here) and I'm sure it's true, but I had a pretty beard going on with my gf of 1.5 years. I find out after 2 years (after we broke up) she prefered shaved, or a shaved with a short goatee!

Like what?? Why didn't she say something? I wouldn't have cared (I may not have given up the beard early on), I shave sometimes and if that's what my girlfriend prefers, it's not like she's asking to dress me up like a Ken doll or something. I mean, I've told gfs I prefer her to keep her hair straight.

I dunno, maybe she was scared of appearing controlling. I guess I could see that, but I was kinda shocked after all those many bearded months together.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    That's so odd, haha.

Here's why, so some women say they like beards (I believe them all on here) and I'm sure it's true, but I had a pretty beard going on with my gf of 1.5 years. I find out after 2 years (after we broke up) she prefered shaved, or a shaved with a short goatee!

Like what?? Why didn't she say something? I wouldn't have cared (I may not have given up the beard early on), I shave sometimes and if that's what my girlfriend prefers, it's not like she's asking to dress me up like a Ken doll or something. I mean, I've told gfs I prefer her to keep her hair straight.

I dunno, maybe she was scared of appearing controlling. I guess I could see that, but I was kinda shocked after all those many bearded months together.
    Well, my boyfriend is sitting right here, and he's emphatic that women should share those sorts of opinions, too. But I often hesitate because I don't want to either come off as a nag or turn it into making him choose between what he likes and what I like. Plus, I don't really see my boyfriend's facial hair as having a huge impact on our relationship. If he grew it out to a length that was substantially unpleasant to me, I would talk to him about it. But otherwise I have to admit it doesn't seem worth sharing.

Actually I think there might also be some sense on my part that I shouldn't try to "change him", even if I wanted to.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

From Urban Dictionary:

Unix beard
    Facial hair that all Unix experts are mysteriously compelled to grow. The length, bushiness, and unkemptness of the Unix beard are all directly proportional to the owner's expertise. Having a Unix beard is a great way to ensure that you never get laid.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

Actually I think there might also be some sense on my part that I shouldn't try to "change him", even if I wanted to.
    Your boyfriend is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    That's so odd, haha.
    Like what?? Why didn't she say something? I wouldn't have cared (I may not have given up the beard early on),

Or maybe she was just respecting your choices instead of going down the oh so familiar route of asking for change (to suit ourselves) and withholding love as a way to manipulate a partner. Sounds like you were a lucky man too.

Well, the results are in guys 92% of women will either love or be neutral to your desire to wear a beard. The other 8% you probably don't want to date anyway.*

*Figures fudged to remove male voting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Depends on your niche, I'm more about the niche that doesn't favor facial hair much.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It doesn't look good on everyone but I tend to like them.

I've been trying to talk my SO into trying one because I think it would look really good on him, but he refuses to go through the temporary itchy stubble phase that would be the price to pay.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    It doesn't look good on everyone but I tend to like them.

I've been trying to talk my SO into trying one because I think it would look really good on him, but he refuses to go through the temporary itchy stubble phase that would be the price to pay.
    It's a rite of passage.

Likes Red Herring liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I haven't shaved in 5 weeks & it's quite thick atm.

Personally I think it looks okay but only coz I'm not being lazy. I used to have a big beard that looked awesome but it didn't come across importantly unless I was being a super serious man.

So the beard is great given a strong attitude with it.