User Tag List

123 Last

Default What causes an anxiety problem out of nowhere?

I'm not a feeler, and I've never had anxiety problems, but all of a sudden I'm always suffering from jittery movements, panic attack like experiences, a strange feeling in my head (not pressure, but like someone is squeezing it and like circulation has been cut off), a strange feeling all over my back (like someone is triggering nerve endings that put me on the verge of squirming around uncomfortably or flailing my arms about uncontrollably), an overall dead depressed feeling, and I can't think straight. Anyone know what could cause something like this, and what could make it go away? My diet is the same and I'm not taking any medication (I just started magnesium and some other things that are supposed to also help with anxiety, but they've done nothing).

The back sensations and the strange feeling in my head are the worst and are always there. From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep they are always on, and nothing I've tried makes them go away. The strange feeling in my head is scaring me, because I notice I can't think straight, I can't brainstorm, there's no creativity/originality, and it's like I'm getting dumber. It literally feels like someone is cutting off circulation to my brain causing it to shut down and I'm turning into a vegetable.

This is really annoying.

I've been me my entire life, calm and peaceful (even when my life was shit), and now it's like someone stepped in and had a problem with that and decided to shit all over it with this bullshit.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Sorry you are having a hard time.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    I'm not a feeler, and I've never had anxiety problems, but all of a sudden I'm always suffering from jittery movements, panic attack like experiences, a strange feeling in my head (not pressure, but like someone is squeezing it and like circulation has been cut off), a strange feeling all over my back (like someone is triggering nerve endings that put me on the verge of squirming around uncomfortably or flailing my arms about uncontrollably), an overall dead depressed feeling, and I can't think straight. Anyone know what could cause something like this, and what could make it go away? My diet is the same and I'm not taking any medication (I just started magnesium and some other things that are supposed to also help with anxiety, but they've done nothing).

The back sensations and the strange feeling in my head are the worst and are always there. From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep they are always on, and nothing I've tried makes them go away. The strange feeling in my head is scaring me, because I notice I can't think straight, I can't brainstorm, there's no creativity/originality, and it's like I'm getting dumber. It literally feels like someone is cutting off circulation to my brain causing it to shut down and I'm turning into a vegetable.

This is really annoying.

I've been me my entire life, calm and peaceful (even when my life was shit), and now it's like someone stepped in and had a problem with that and decided to shit all over it with this bullshit.
    sorry you're experiencing this. anxiety can really suck.

i'd argue that it's probably less sudden and simple than you may perceive it to be. try to pinpoint the source of your fears the best you can. then ask yourself: what am i afraid of? what will happen if my fears come true?

since you're not a feeler, it may be a little more difficult for you to be so emotionally aware, but some reflection on your feelings and their source can make a huge difference on that front.

best wishes!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

The sensations in the body can be part of persistent anxiety - a combination of chronic stress wearing on the nerves and arising from intensely focusing on those body parts all day. Take a while to do something that really relaxes the body and see if it helps with the sensations. Also, try an activity that deeply immerses the mind, like reading a gripping story, and note how your body feels when your imagination is away. Basically: in my own experience, exploring different states of mind and observing what effects they could have on the physical symptoms helps a lot in understanding the beast.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Let yourself be, humiliate yourself, be vulnerable. Something's dying to get out. Then again I do that all the time, and I'm still anxious. I'm sorry I'm replying so arrogantly/ignorantly. But, I truly believe when we repress something we didn't even knew existed...it's bound to explode. Anxiety attacks are 100% normal, My aunt like you experienced this later in life and did not understand, she had no prior anxiety...or so she thought. To fix your Anxiety, we cannot digress in it. For anxiety is the fear preventing you to live comfortably. Personally for me, the more I researched the more anxious I became. You are having a physical reaction when you have these attacks, so it only makes sense to fight back physically. Deep breathing as cliché as this sounds, is generally a magical thing. Meditation also another thing you probably heard about multiple times, is also pretty magical. anything to do with instant gratification, stay far away from. You have to suffer, and push yourself...because you're conditioning yourself into a new behavior. You're altering your body. You have to really fight, and let your self confidence be released.

And if you're not a feeler, maybe it's time to feel.
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Im a firm believer that this sort of stuff never comes out of nowhere, but has some underlying cause that the person might not be aware of. If there isnt some medical(not psychological) condition causing this, its most likely that your unconscious is trying to tell you something through your body that has been stacking there for longer time. It could be stress about something particular or stuff like life being stuck in unhealthy things, impossible for me to say what causes this. But it could be something that you might figure out with some soul searching or maybe the same thing comes up in your dreams.

As an example my friend got panic disorder triggered by weed, but the underlying reason(imo) was his mom having MS and him trying to repress the fear and living in la la land.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

This is really annoying.

These things are rarely, "all of a sudden." What's recently happened? Pressure from something? Existential crisis? Are you being held hostage?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

I woke up one day and there it was. Some idiots kept repeating the dumbest things about me constantly trying to say they were right, then more people started doing it, then they started doing everything they could think of to have it happen, then boom, magically that shit became exactly who I was. Stupid, slow, worthless, anxiety-ridden, panicky, "sensitive," stupid, full of shit, dependent, pathetic, socially awkward, mute, creepy, insane not genius, weak-willed, lazy, unreliable, lacking follow through, late, sick, living with my mother, etc..

There was nothing going on inside me, there was nothing building up, I was just fine. I was constantly having to live in a world of bullshit in which everyone constantly got in my way, tried to hold me back, accused me of all manner of shit, and constantly tried to get me to do the dumbest things. I was constantly miserable. But I didn't let it get to me. My life wasn't that great, but I was just fine. But even then, there was always some idiot saying "it must be so tough for you" (in a bullshit tone) not really caring and then trying to have me "feel it" (all the shit that was happening to me) and to make me even more miserable and to get me to roll around in it (because clearly that's who I am, and that's what I'm supposed to do). They also did everything to shit on me. All this kept repeating and everyone kept trying to beat it into me wherever I went, then magically there it was: baccheion the loser.

"And that's the way it's supposed to be."

"And it's perfectly normal."

It all happened within one week in Jan 2011, it hasn't gone away, it keeps getting worse, and it's like there's someone here constantly twisting and fucking with everything that happens until it's just more shit to feed this bullshit. Everywhere I go, the same shit that was said before keeps repeating and no matter what I do I can't get away from it. Regardless of what I do, it's just more bullshit, and it was obvious posting here would be a waste of time, but I was still forced to do it.

And even this response is forced. Some idiot said this didn't just magically start (I said it just magically appeared, and that's what the fuck I mean), then some INTP responded saying something similar, therefore the idiot constantly harassing me concludes that therefore the bullshit that was said is valid, and I must now be harassed more, forced to do more of the dumbest shit, forced to say that this is something of my doing, rather than what I've been saying (someone did this to me), and I must be forced to write this bullshit response because clearly I should spend my time saying the dumbest shit, wasting my time responding to stupidity, then being made to do it again, but at all times in a way that points some shit right back at me, and that incriminates me, and that makes me out even more to be this bullshit these idiots keep trying to say I am, rather than in a way that shits on the idiot doing this to me and that could possibly lead to something else happening other than more bullshit.

And I'm supposed to say all of this shit out every time, repeatedly, painfully, and I must drown myself in it, and constantly do it, for no fucking reason, other than to waste my time and add more misery to my life, "because." And everything that happens should result in nothing other than this bullshit getting worse, with some idiot magically chiming in at the end with more bullshit that makes it seem as though I had anything to do with any of this and that someone else didn't do this to me.

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.

Do what you're told ("cooperate" they try to bullshit is what they're saying).

And repeatedly say the dumbest shit at the most painful possible time at all times, then just keep doing it, and accept all the bullshit accusations being used to try to force it to continue, and bullshit these idiots are saying about them only trying to help, as though it isn't obvious that they are full of shit, are wasting my time, and are about nothing but shitting on me even more.

And have nothing happen but more bullshit, then sit and accept as the same shit (bullshit) is said no matter where you go, and as everything is setup such that nothing else will ever happen. Then, because some idiot says some shit everywhere I go, I must conclude that it's clearly true and that I'm the one in denial. And every other cliche line of shit that clearly applies to the shit doing this to me, and no one else. It's always the same idiot trying to take some bullshit that has nothing to do with me and constantly force it down my throat. They are constantly saying the dumbest things and are always trying to point it in my direction as though it has anything to do with me, and are always trying to use that stupidity to get me to do something stupid, to blame the shit they've done to me on me, and to get away with their bullshit as though there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.

But this all does nothing. I've done this countless times, and have had to write this countless times, all to have the same shit happen every time. It never ends. This shit never ends. It never goes away. It just keeps happening.

Then the idiots force me on medication. Did nothing. Go to the Psych Ward, then again, then again. Nothing. Talk to this therapist. Nothing. Go to this doctor. Nothing. And it's obvious they are doing this shit on purpose, trying to shit on me, waste my time, waste my life, and every other rotten thing they can think of, and they keep trying to play it all off as though there's nothing wrong with what they're doing and as though this is something I deserve. This is bullshit.

I'm tired of this shit happening to me. I'm tired of being accused of all this bullshit. I'm tired of being forced to do this shit. I'm tired of my life being fucked by some idiot, and then having some other idiot using that to try to fuck me over even more. This is bullshit. It's bullshit every time. And every time it just drags on.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE HAS ANY FUCKING CLUE HOW TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF ANYONE DID, IT WOULDN'T MATTER, THEY'D JUST KEEP DOING THE SAME STUPID SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPENS IS THE SHIT THAT DID THIS TO ME GETTING AWAY WITH IT MORE WHILE EVERYTHING GETS TWISTED TO MAKE IT ALL WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A WASTE OF MY FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP REPEATING THE SAME STUPID SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP FORCING ME TO DO THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I woke up one day and there it was. Some idiots kept repeating the dumbest things about me constantly trying to say they were right, then more people started doing it, then they started doing everything they could think of to have it happen, then boom, magically that shit became exactly who I was. Stupid, slow, worthless, anxiety-ridden, panicky, "sensitive," stupid, full of shit, dependent, pathetic, socially awkward, mute, creepy, insane not genius, weak-willed, lazy, unreliable, lacking follow through, late, sick, living with my mother, etc..

There was nothing going on inside me, there was nothing building up, I was just fine. I was constantly having to live in a world of bullshit in which everyone constantly got in my way, tried to hold me back, accused me of all manner of shit, and constantly tried to get me to do the dumbest things. I was constantly miserable. But I didn't let it get to me. My life wasn't that great, but I was just fine. But even then, there was always some idiot saying "it must be so tough for you" (in a bullshit tone) not really caring and then trying to have me "feel it" (all the shit that was happening to me) and to make me even more miserable and to get me to roll around in it (because clearly that's who I am, and that's what I'm supposed to do). They also did everything to shit on me. All this kept repeating and everyone kept trying to beat it into me wherever I went, then magically there it was: baccheion the loser.

"And that's the way it's supposed to be."

"And it's perfectly normal."

It all happened within one week in Jan 2011, it hasn't gone away, it keeps getting worse, and it's like there's someone here constantly twisting and fucking with everything that happens until it's just more shit to feed this bullshit. Everywhere I go, the same shit that was said before keeps repeating and no matter what I do I can't get away from it. Regardless of what I do, it's just more bullshit, and it was obvious posting here would be a waste of time, but I was still forced to do it.

And even this response is forced. Some idiot said this didn't just magically start (I said it just magically appeared, and that's what the fuck I mean), then some INTP responded saying something similar, therefore the idiot constantly harassing me concludes that therefore the bullshit that was said is valid, and I must now be harassed more, forced to do more of the dumbest shit, forced to say that this is something of my doing, rather than what I've been saying (someone did this to me), and I must be forced to write this bullshit response because clearly I should spend my time saying the dumbest shit, wasting my time responding to stupidity, then being made to do it again, but at all times in a way that points some shit right back at me, and that incriminates me, and that makes me out even more to be this bullshit these idiots keep trying to say I am, rather than in a way that shits on the idiot doing this to me and that could possibly lead to something else happening other than more bullshit.

And I'm supposed to say all of this shit out every time, repeatedly, painfully, and I must drown myself in it, and constantly do it, for no fucking reason, other than to waste my time and make me more miserable, "because." And everything that happens should result in nothing other than this bullshit getting worse, with some idiot magically chiming in at the end with some bullshit that makes it seem like I had anything to do with any of this and that someone else didn't do this to me.

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. And repeatedly say the dumbest shit at the most painful possible time at all times, then just keep doing it, and accept all the bullshit accusations being used to try to force it to continue, and bullshit these idiots are saying about them only trying to help, as though it isn't obvious that they are full of shit, are wasting my time, and are about nothing but shitting on me even more.

And have nothing happen but more bullshit, then sit and accept as the same shit (bullshit) is said no matter where you go, and as everything is setup such that nothing else will ever happen. Then, because some idiot says some shit everywhere I go, I must conclude that it's clearly true and that I'm the one in denial. And every other cliche line of shit that clearly applies to the shit doing this to me, and no one else. It's always the same idiot trying to take some bullshit that has nothing to do with me and constantly force it down my throat. They are constantly saying the dumbest things and are always trying to point it in my direction as though it has anything to do with me, and are always trying to use that stupidity to get me to do something stupid, to blame the shit they've done to me on me, and to get away with their bullshit as though there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.

But this all does nothing. I've done this countless times, and have had to write this countless times, all to have the same shit happen every time. It never ends. This shit never ends. It never goes away. It just keeps happening.

Then the idiots force me on medication. Did nothing. Go to the Psych Ward, then again, then again. Nothing. Talk to this therapist. Nothing. Go to this doctor. Nothing. And it's obvious they are doing this shit on purpose, trying to shit on me, waste my time, waste my life, and every other rotten thing they can think of, and they keep trying to play it all off as though there's nothing wrong with what they're doing and as though this is something I deserve. This is bullshit.

I'm tired of this shit happening to me. I'm tired of being accused of all this bullshit. I'm tired of being forced to do this shit. I'm tired of my life being fucked by some idiot, and then having some other idiot using that to try to fuck me over even more. This is bullshit. It's bullshit every time. And every time it just drags on.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE HAS ANY FUCKING CLUE HOW TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IF ANYONE DID, IT WOULDN'T MATTER, THEY'D JUST KEEP DOING THE SAME STUPID SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPENS IS THE SHIT THAT DID THIS TO ME GETTING AWAY WITH IT MORE WHILE EVERYTHING GETS TWISTED TO MAKE IT ALL WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A WASTE OF MY FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP REPEATING THE SAME STUPID SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP FORCING ME TO DO THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Uh, just kidding, you're doin fine.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.