User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The sensorial present that we experience is void of the emotion and feeling of that which we formulate through thoughts within the mind.
    Likes Raffaella, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    The sensorial present that we experience is void of the emotion and feeling of that which we formulate through thoughts within the mind.
    that, reminds me of this
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Oaky, Raffaella, EJCC, Cellmold liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

as someone who has only teared up at 2 other movies or tv shows in their entire life, this always gets to me... dammit Carl Sagan!

still... puts things in perspective
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Cellmold, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Here is Goldy having a sky party with her three friends, the Polar Bear family. Goldy says the sky party is a "system" because Goldy plus the Three Bears equals four entities (or star events), and it takes four events to produce a system. A system divides all the universe into six parts: all the universe outside the systems (the macrocosm), all the universe inside the systems (the microcosm), and the four star events A, B, C, D, which do the dividing.

The tetrahedron's four-corner star events do not have to occur at the same time. Goldy found that light traveled six and one-half trillion miles in a year, and was fascinated when an astronomer told her that the star in the nose of the Big Bear is a live show taking place 210 light-years away-and-ago, as the American colonists are first thinking about revolting from English rule: and the pole star at Mommy Bear's nose is a live show taking place 680 light-years away-and-ago, as Dante is writing The Inferno: and the star at Wee bear's front toe is a live show taking place forty-three light-years away-and-ago as Franklin Delano Roosevelt is being elected to the USA presidency for the first time, at the depth of the great 1929-39 Depression: While she, Goldy, is also a live show taking place no time away-and-ago. Altogether Goldy's four live shows constitute a scenario nonsimultaneous but omni-interrelated events, which can and do define the four corners of a minimum system - the tetrahedron.

She now understands Einstein's concept the Universe is a scenario and not a simultaneous structure. One picture of a caterpillar does not tell you it is going to transform into a butterfly, and it takes many frames of the cinema to inform you that the butterfly can fly.

Though it isn't only Einstein's - the conception is elucidated in the Pratītyasamutpāda and the notions of Śūnyatā.

And thus, it is said of the wise, that all reflection is foolish.
    Likes Oaky, Evee, Raffaella, Cellmold liked this post

Trees are amazing. We should have more of them.
    Likes Noon liked this post

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Evil and cruelty arise from a lack of regard for the intrinsic* value of sapient life.
    *I don't mean 'objective'. The intrinsic value lies in each individual's ability to find their own subjective value to life.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

My sensitivity to auditory overstimulation is due to being an auditory learner.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

DANGER: Do not read this if you are not ready and read to the song for full effect.

Emily tried to learn full lotus for 400 years but failed for 400 years.

One day she was running under a full moon and cried mourning the suffering of the world and she achieved full lotus in five minutes by accident.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

If you're in dark times, the reason is that you've disconnected in some way. Mostly from other people that validate you, but also from the flow of Life. Physical and/or mental isolation from The Source is the most insidious poison to the human soul.

Don't worry be happy!
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

The emotional states always rise and fall and causally we often make the decision before we action it or even understand it.

It's all an existence and an experience. That's about as much as you can give and be as the perennial observer of your own time.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.