First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    That is one of my issues. I speak all the time about aiding our fellow lifeforms (especially humans) on this planet, yet I barely do anything. That is a huge source of guilt for me. I entered a lucid dream state to speak with my superego, and basically what the dream reprentative of my superego told me was that my torture would end only when I caused all suffering on the planet to cease.
    I don't think that breaking away from your family and community's ideology counts for nothing. That's a rather significant process. You're barely out of being a minor and you're still a dependent... You judge yourself very critically. Give yourself time. You have an extensive future in which to give back. Most importantly, you're not throwing your identity around as a weapon to belittle others while making yourself feel elevated. You're not overstepping boundaries... I'll take a pacifist who sits at home and dreams about an idealistic world any day. If they never do much... oh well, at least they didn't harm anyone, either. It's every person's right to decide what they want out of life, and everyone doesn't have to be a flaming humanitarian. But the ones who do "good deeds" just for the sake of their egos - no thanks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

You must live in a very liberal area. My ESTJ 1w2 mother, especially, is a loud, blatant, anti-gay crusader type. She screams in their faces how disgusting and vile they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?
    No.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

The Quran has a strong antigay sentiment, so unless they focus on the parts on love and compassion, I watch them to make sure nobody gets hurt. Religious tolorance is important, and as the Holy Dalai Lama said on his recent speech in Austrailia, we need "secular ethics taught universally to solve the universal problem of self-centeredness in the world. Secular is neutral toward all religions, so there would be no bias toward the believers of one faith over another or non-believers. We must have compassion for everyone."

That said, I view religion on a sliding scale from fundementalist to progressive.
    Yes, my dear Magic Qwan, Oz is a secular State that guarantees freedom of religion, and guarantees the separation of the State and religion. So the secular State is the great friend of religion.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, my dear Magic Qwan, Oz is a secular State that guarantees freedom of religion, and guarantees the separation of the State and religion. So the secular State is the great friend of religion.
    You remind me of my 3rd grade school teacher. We still keep in touch.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I don't think that breaking away from your family and community's ideology counts for nothing. That's a rather significant process. You're barely out of being a minor and you're still a dependent... You judge yourself very critically. Give yourself time. You have an extensive future in which to give back. Most importantly, you're not throwing your identity around as a weapon to belittle others while making yourself feel elevated. You're not overstepping boundaries... I'll take a pacifist who sits at home and dreams about an idealistic world any day. If they never do much... oh well, at least they didn't harm anyone, either. It's every person's right to decide what they want out of life, and everyone doesn't have to be a flaming humanitarian. But the ones who do "good deeds" just for the sake of their egos - no thanks.
    Thank you, though it is my own standard to be a friend to all, a defender of the weak, and a source of all-inclucive love. Anything less, and I am not living up to who I should be. I am starting a new pharmacy job, and I will use part of my funds aqcuired to perform random acts of kindness, perhaps findig homeless people and feeding them. What I would like to do is get every homeless prrson in my community a tent for the sake of warmth and privacy, though that would exede my budget. I know without an organization to work through, though, world suffering will continue. Regardless of my circumstances, I will give as much a I am able. Every soul alive deserves a place to rest their head and three square meals regardless of deeds or lot in life. I will never flaunt my deeds as I do not seek attention, I only wish for the suffering to end for all people on this world. I have heard arguments for vegetarianism and I am deliberating over whether I should make that a personal lifestyle or not. On one hand, large factories often create unneeded suffering for food animals both for their flesh and products. Small farms appear more humane in gathering their milk and eggs. I do love a good hamburger, though…I will keep the issue in mind.

Have you heard of the vegetarian debate, @skylights?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTP

I already have been, as well as friends with Communists, militant atheists/religious fundamentalists, and various other people I strongly disagree with.....its not actually that difficult so long as people can agree to disagree whenever that becomes necessary, and just stick to common interests. Until things reach a certain point, people are just too complicated not to compartmentalize their different characteristics.

I suppose it depends on exactly how virulent their beliefs are (extreme bigots like the KKK and WBC are out of consideration), how often they bring them up, and realistically, whether they are in a position to cause significant harm to innocent people (I probably couldn't have become friends with a Maoists if I was living in Nepal).
    Likes Ivy, Survive & Stay Free, johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I already have been, as well as friends with Communists, militant atheists/religious fundamentalists, and various other people I strongly disagree with.....its not actually that difficult so long as people can agree to disagree whenever that becomes necessary, and just stick to common interests. Until things reach a certain point, people are just too complicated not to compartmentalize their different characteristics.

I suppose it depends on exactly how virulent their beliefs are (extreme bigots like the KKK and WBC are out of consideration), how often they bring them up, and realistically, whether they are in a position to cause significant harm to innocent people (I probably couldn't have become friends with a Maoists if I was living in Nepal).
    Define Militant Atheist…lol

I know what you mean, though. I am agnostic atheist (a "deity" which never interacts with the world and thus is not detectable by nature is possible, though I wouldn't bet on it being out there if I had to.), but I still would not stop somebody from praying (it is harmless) or blow up some church (that is their place). I have mixed feelings about religion in general, being simultanously attracted to and repulsed by it. I see a lot of good the religious missionaries do to feed people and aid them, and that does a lot to balance their ethical scales. I adore progressive religious people for their ideals, but I find them illogical.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Yes, other people's political views are not my business unless they make it my business.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Well this will be interesting to find out who is actually tolerant.
    You're not being tolerant unless you actually disagree with the other person.
    Exactly. People who can't be friends with racists or homophobes are fascists themselves in their own right. It's precisely the reason why some people are terrified that cultural Marxism is intentionally anti white. It really doesn't help the cause to be that way.
    Likes ancalagon liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    More to the point: could I be friends with a racist, homophobe, and an islamophobe? This would be a very, very bad person, a person abhorred by any person on the Left.
    Oh how I love you Mole. Because we all know how much more shiny and tolerant and non homophobic Muslims are than Christians, or so the average American liberal would try to make you believe.
    Likes Rasofy, Hard liked this post