First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I respect you. I deal with the dual reality of always being kind to everybody, and continuing to fight this growing anger and resentment for the way things are and the negative vibes I get from everybody and everything. You are a fighter in the war on injustice. I am proud to be your ally, soldier.
    It is hard! I think I have become far more at peace with it now that I've made a number of life choices that are liberating - being on birth control, living with my boyfriend, choosing to walk my own career path, making my own decisions about religion. I feel like just living your life the way you want to live it is fight in itself. I feel like you're probably at the crux point where you're breaking from the cocoon and you're going to start making those sorts of value defining decisions for yourself, too, and you'll probably begin to feel far more free and less dragged down by anger and resentment, less feeling unable to escape the negativity. Once you have established your life the way you want to live it, as much as you can, people of other opinions become far less of a threat. They can still be aggravating, but you bond with the people who share your opinions, and you work to press the values you feel are important in the world. I think most people tend to increasingly find their niche, whatever and with whomever it may be.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    On the hypocracy: That can definately happen. I hate fake nice Christians. Annoying as hell. I guess being on the Internet it probably makes it more difficult to establish any friendships across enemy lines as determining people's genuiness or intentions isn't as easy or at least it isn't for me.
    As a former Christian conservative, I find it hard to take claims that the Bible teaches love and acceptance seriously. That said, my agenda for society is very similar to the religious left, so I ally them on the basis of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

As a former Christian conservative, I find it hard to take claims that the Bible teaches love and acceptance seriously. That said, my agenda for society is very similar to the religious left, so I ally them on the basis of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend.'
    Were you a JW?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It is hard! I think I have become far more at peace with it now that I've made a number of life choices that are liberating - being on birth control, living with my boyfriend, choosing to walk my own career path, making my own decisions about religion. I feel like just living your life the way you want to live it is fight in itself. I feel like you're probably at the crux point where you're breaking from the cocoon and you're going to start making those sorts of value defining decisions for yourself, too, and you'll probably begin to feel far more free and less dragged down by anger and resentment, less feeling unable to escape the negativity. Once you have established your life the way you want to live it, as much as you can, people of other opinions become far less of a threat. They can still be aggravating, but you bond with the people who share your opinions, and you work to press the values you feel are important in the world.
    What makes it worse is that I am financially dependent on these same people who have such different moral standards. Many things they say are huge moral issues are things I see no problem with (people of different races marrying, gay dating, and cursing, for example), and things which are obviously hate-driven and immoral are just fine with them (shunning people who disagree with them, beating defenseless children, and putting people out on the streets, for example). They even have the audacity to promote these horrible views and actions! I am embarrassed I ever agreed to such atrocities!

I am glad you are happy and liberated. I missed the last couple UU services, though I picked up some of their literature and stashed it in my room to read sometime. I'm not sure that sociology is my passion, though some of it is interesting. Field research seems like something I might like.

- - - Updated - - -

Were you a JW?
    Yes.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Yes.
    You weren't a Christian conservative you were a member/victim of a cult. I'm sorry you have had to go through that.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

In general it does take mutual interests and beliefs for a friendship. But I don't think it takes a split personality to get along with someone whose beliefs you abhor. You just have to find things you can appreciate and interactions that you value even if you'll never be BFFs.

I mean, we have, uh, some significant differences between us but I appreciate your quick-wit and takedowns when I think they're merited. It's much more difficult for me to get along with dull-witted lefties even if they have more in common with me religiously.
    The key words were 'like' and 'love'. Getting along, of course, requires little more than self-control.

Edit: Come to think of it just a couple of weeks ago, Nico, I believe you asked my opinion on something and I expressed skepticism that you really wanted to hear it.
    I asked you to see The Case Against 8 and tell me what you think of it because I know how you feel about the issue theoretically and, perhaps, theologically, but the film would engage you on other levels as well.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Haha, no. I could not. If they deserve my sympathy because they're only terrible garbage people because of their circumstances, they'll find some sympathy from me at the end of a 12 foot pole.

No idea how the question in the topic led to the content of the OP, but hey. I'm down with not hating blacks and gays, too.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I am willing to compartimentalize, providing the person is intellectually gifted in some area

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I enjoy subverting peoples' minds.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Haha, no. I could not. If they deserve my sympathy, they'll find it at the end of a 12 foot pole.

No idea how the question in the topic led to the content of the OP.
    It was my answer to the question.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan