User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Gaming is fun when a group pf people (family, friends) play games together (online games for example).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Its pure escapism which is not inherently wrong. Issues happen when the escape exceeds reality, when its needs out compete real life. Another issue is for those who use it to connect with others, over coming social anxiety an phobias; forgetting that it is a stepping stone. The next step is learning to deal with the fact you can't just turn relationships off an walk away. That you have to deal with the chaotic mess that is human interaction the highs, the lows, an the homicidal rage.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Another issue is for those who use it to connect with others
    Why do you think this is an issue, just wondering? When my mom dropped me off to this after-school program for teachers' kids, she introduced me to her friend's kid and we instantly connected over the fact that we had the same Pokemon game and traded Pokemon together. Now he and his siblings are basically my family and I'm basically theirs. I don't see anything harmful about that. Unless you mean making friends online over xBox live for something, which I could kind of more understand. It's just when people use that as a substitute for making friends in real life and socializing that I see a red flag.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes gromit liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

in moderation...just like most other things.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

It's always been a complete waste of time for me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Why do you think this is an issue, just wondering? When my mom dropped me off to this after-school program for teachers' kids, she introduced me to her friend's kid and we instantly connected over the fact that we had the same Pokemon game and traded Pokemon together. Now he and his siblings are basically my family and I'm basically theirs. I don't see anything harmful about that. Unless you mean making friends online over xBox live for something, which I could kind of more understand. It's just when people use that as a substitute for making friends in real life and socializing that I see a red flag.
    Ah this is what I get for writing half asleep; to reiterate gaming as a way to communicate is perfectly fine. Its the convenience factor of being able to unplug an walk away the moment things become to messy to chaotic, to human. Instead of working through these evolving relationships. Its easier to find new people; an recreate the cycle. A stepping stone rather then an end.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yeah.

Some of my best memories with my brother are of us playing video games together. And I've also wasted a huge amount of time with stupid meaningless quizzes on the Internet. I think it's important to just be mindful of whether what you're doing is satisfying in a wholesome way, or if it's just feeding a sort of addictive pattern. I say that, of course, while procrastinating. So that's my grain of salt.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes skylights liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Video Game. electronic user interface developed in the late 20th century to discourage sexual activity among society's undesirables and rid the global human gene pool of inferior traits. A coalition of governments convened in 1968 to fund and direct an international team of scientists and programmers tasked with preventing the dregs and social outcasts of the world from ever procreating with other humans. To date, an estimated 84 million pale, listless slugs have failed to pass on their worthless genetic material as a result of the Video Game Project, with the most successful experiments coming from the Call Of Duty series, which on its own has strengthened the human species by an immeasurable quotient.

Lol, I found this in my book, The Onion Book of Known Knowledge, 183rd Imperial Edition
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.