User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Nah I was hoping that you'd ban me were I to make a donation, guess I should've gotten that T-Shirt a while back.

I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea: as an Australian I would never question the decision of the umpire, it wouldn't be cricket; but as an American I am almost obliged to question the decision of the baseball umpire.

So the question is: should I play cricket or baseball?

Should I be a gentleman and take my cricket bat and leave the crease, or should I be a baseball revolutionary and vociferously question every decision of the umpire?

Should I bide my time and fight another day, or should I seize the day and fight now?

Who knows?

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    Was briefly banned from ohnotheydidnt, but used to be somewhat e-friends with the mods and got unbanned.
    Where you banned because you trolled the stans? I did that once, it was hilarious, but I got out of there before I was attacked.

I haven't been banned and I've been on forums and online communities since I was 11 years old (that's 14 years of experience). I tend to be the information disseminator so I don't really get into arguments with people because they appreciate what I find. I have been nasty before (people make ignorant comments) but when that happens I'm already bored of the community so I withdraw and lurk.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

No but I habitually piss off everyone on my Facebook friends list.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    No but I habitually piss off everyone on my Facebook friends list.
    By doing/saying what?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    By doing/saying what?
    The truth.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    The truth.
    That's not that substantiating. What kind of "truth", what kind of material, how different are you from your facebook friends?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That's not that substantiating. What kind of "truth", what kind of material, how different are you from your facebook friends?

*triple reactive*
    Likes Sanjuro liked this post

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    *triple reactive*
    I'm different from everyone. Not quite fish or fowl. Some of my friends are activists, some former teachers. Some from study abroads, some are random people I've acquired going through life. I'm not like any of them, really. I say the things no one should.

Case in point, I put a very honest picture of myself on Facebook. I don't know what it is about Samsung Galaxy 4's camera, but it's brutal. It showed my rosacea, under-eye circles, and laugh lines around my mouth (I'm only 31!!). And I bitched about the laugh line part. People from all walks of life took immediate offense, some accusing me of "not thinking for myself", some telling me about "misogynistic messages", some trying to insist I have "no self-confidence", some accusing me of having "social anxiety". All for fucking bitching about the sudden emergence of two stupid lines by the side of my mouth!

Then, they dragged the discussion onto other posts of me. So I wrote a message saying basically what I just said above--I'm a social scientist and I thought their reactions were weird and highly representative of something about human nature, yet they don't question their own assumptions (e.g., that laugh lines are ugly, or that someone who doesn't like her laugh lines has internalized "misogyny". Like I can't just be personally displeased about this sudden change at such a young age?). Then several of them got pissy for me pointing it out and won't respond anymore.

This is my entire life. Incidents like this are common.
    *Need enneagram questionnaire?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2218641
    Likes NK258 liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea: as an Australian I would never question the decision of the umpire, it wouldn't be cricket; but as an American I am almost obliged to question the decision of the baseball umpire.

So the question is: should I play cricket or baseball?

Should I be a gentleman and take my cricket bat and leave the crease, or should I be a baseball revolutionary and vociferously question every decision of the umpire?

Should I bide my time and fight another day, or should I seize the day and fight now?

Who knows?
    Be a lover, not a fighter.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft