User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Sense of humour

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I think it is somewhat broad, I tend to find many different forms of comedy hilarious provided there's a bit of sophistication to it. I don't find sitcoms funny but I do enjoy comedians sometimes. My favourite type is troll humour, to be honest.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    The ones I've seen don't really tickle the mind. Dad jokes, if delivered properly, cracks me up.

I found this comment on reddit by this user whose name I can't remember. It goes:

"We have a genetic predisposition to diarrhea. It runs in our jeans."

Also, I can't spell "diarrhea". I had to look it up.
    That make me chuckle a little, but ultimately is kind of a "meh" response.

I hate dad jokes. They're just annoying and or obnoxious most of the time. It's quite similar to dry humor which I largely can't stand. As an example: Tina from Bob's Burgers. Honestly, I can't stand her. I laugh at her sometimes, and can tollerate her because she's largely a good person, but for the most part she's really annoying and unfunny. I like the show though. Now Louise, I love her. She's so conniving and evil! Also Linda, she's so over the top it's fantastic.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The french are not funny. It's just slapstick and clowning around, swear to god.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NK258 View Post
    I have a dry sense of humor. Though online I'll use a lot of emoticons because I'm playing. Like I'll make a sarcastic dry joke and throw a sad face and sadly, people think I'm serious. Ugh .. I enjoy most modes of humor though. Morbid sense of humor I have to be careful about .. Some people don't like that. Also, crude humor I can do. I just don't do raunchy. If others use it, I can care less. But my line is generally around that area of humor. Pretty much my entire sense of the world is through the eyes of a 6w7. Life is just a tragic comedy as far as I'm concerned.
    Life is a tragic comedy is a good way to put it.

I'm not sure what my style would be, context defines a lot of humour for me although I enjoy the surreal and the sarcastic. But biting and witty can be great as well.

People generally also enjoy what they perceive is a challenge to status quo or assumptions about the world. This can be as simplistic as saying something 'unpolitically correct' to a more in depth point or analysis of problems in our world or species, usually with a decent point hidden, ( or openly placed), in the laughter.

Of course the dissection of humour kills it dead, which is amusing in itself and to take comedy seriously is such a contradiction I don't know how some people manage it without their brains imploding.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    That make me chuckle a little, but ultimately is kind of a "meh" response.

I hate dad jokes. They're just annoying and or obnoxious most of the time. It's quite similar to dry humor which I largely can't stand. As an example: Tina from Bob's Burgers. Honestly, I can't stand her. I laugh at her sometimes, and can tollerate her because she's largely a good person, but for the most part she's really annoying and unfunny. I like the show though. Now Louise, I love her. She's so conniving and evil! Also Linda, she's so over the top it's fantastic.
    Looks like we have different tastes lol. What you don't like is what I like.

That being said I really I don't understand Tina's humor other than her being super dumb at times. Louise and Bob are WAY more entertaining.

Kind of dry. NZ humour

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

the kind of jokes that i tell are normally dry and sarcastic and i love a good pun.
    i like goofy, children-type of humor, but i dislike sexual, immature 15-yr old boy humor.
    i also dont really get british humor =\

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    136 sp
    Socionics
    LSE

I am from Germany, but I've lived in the US for 12 years. My sense of humor is pretty dry when I'm the one being funny. I enjoy most forms of humor, but things of the "stupid funny" (some of Will Ferrell's or Eddie Murphy's work, etc.) doesn't really do anything for me. I like a lot of subtle humor too. British humor is also great. I love Peep Show, for example.

friendly and accessible boomslang's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Deadpan is pretty much my go-to these days. Poker face is well developed now.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I'm a big fan of dead pan, wit, and some darker humor. Nothing makes me laugh quite as hard as Parks and Recreation. I've also been forced to develop an appreciation for puns. Overall it's really pretty easy to make me laugh. I am also apparently fairly good at making others laugh. I always knew I thought I was hilarious, but my friends have commented on my funniness lately. Most of my humor is just sass though.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post