User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Bored

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    I was being sarcastic, too (mostly). In any case, why couldn't you say something like that before you bothered reading Schmitt? What a strange disability, was there no treatment?
    I read about him in certain contexts, and what can I say that peaked my interest. Upon reading the first few pages of his The Concept of the Political, I literally wanted to burn the damn thing. Same thing upon glancing through his Political Theology as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

When are you coming back to the states and can we have you over for dinner when you do?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    When are you coming back to the states and can we have you over for dinner when you do?
    I am returning to the US on sunday.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius has a question that has been bothering him for at least 14 years.

Falcarius is sure you must have watched some cartoon like Looney Tunes and have seen the cartoon characters fall from a height and get immersed thirty foot in the ground before they pop up again.

It made Falcarius think if gravity is the force that keeps planets in orbit around the sun, and governs the rest of the motion in the solar system, then how can it not be strong enough to embed himself in the ground if he decided to commit suicide by jumping from the top of a skyscraper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I read about him in certain contexts, and what can I say that peaked my interest. Upon reading the first few pages of his The Concept of the Political, I literally wanted to burn the damn thing. Same thing upon glancing through his Political Theology as well.
    That does seem to be a load of crap which you have linked me to there. The reviews are full of praise, but in a way which leads me to suspect they are full of crap too. There is only so much time in life and Carl Schmitt is unlikely to get any more of it from me.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post

What is a Tootsie Pop?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    It made Falcarius think if gravity is the force that keeps planets in orbit around the sun, and governs the rest of the motion in the solar system, then how can it not be strong enough to embed himself in the ground if he decided to commit suicide by jumping from the top of a skyscraper?
    If the forces of electromagnetism were not many times greater then perhaps it would.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    That does seem to be a load of crap which you have linked me to there. The reviews are full of praise, but in a way which leads me to suspect they are full of crap too. There is only so much time in life and Carl Schmitt is unlikely to get any more of it from me.
    Hear hear. Schmitt is just an overly pedantic shithead.

heart on fire

How easy is it to slice through a snake with a knife?

To clarify, I mean sever the snake in two.

A copperhead.

If a snake were severed in two parts, and the head were biting someone when it was sliced, would the mouth remain attached after death?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    How easy is it to cleave a copperhead in two with a knife?
    60%

Quote Originally Posted by heart
    If a snake were severed in two parts, and the head were biting someone when it was sliced, would the mouth remain attached after death?
    Forever.