User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: Bored

  1. #21
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    What's your take on Carl Schmitt's definition of political soverignty, along with his concept of politics centering around the distinction between friend and foe - and how this later influenced men like Leo Strauss and the development of Neo-conservative ideology?

  2. #22
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Ask me a question. Something, anything. I am bored and need something to think about. Pleeeaaaasssee. Thank you for your time.
    Where does jazz come from?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  3. #23
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    The expectations which I think are realistic are those which can be realised, and not those which cannot. To say that we are all taking a guess is broad enough and not too narrow, since one guess can be better than another, as you note. The guessing game is one which we are good at, as were our ancestors--otherwise we wouldn't still be here.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  4. #24
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    What's your take on Carl Schmitt's definition of political soverignty, along with his concept of politics centering around the distinction between friend and foe - and how this later influenced men like Leo Strauss and the development of Neo-conservative ideology?
    Couldn't give a shit. And there is rarely anything to be gained by arguing definitions, especially with intellectuals.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  5. #25
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Where does jazz come from?
    The soul, baby.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  6. #26
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Couldn't give a shit.
    Well folks, I tried.......

  7. #27
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well folks, I tried.......
    Do not tak my comments personally. It was Carl Schmitt's fault for defining 'political soveriegnty'.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  8. #28
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Do not tak my comments personally. It was Carl Schmitt's fault for defining 'political soveriegnty'.
    I was being sarcastic. Besides, I wish I could've said something like that before I ever bothered reading Schmitt.

  9. #29
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I was being sarcastic. Besides, I wish I could've said something like that before I ever bothered reading Schmitt.
    I was being sarcastic, too (mostly). In any case, why couldn't you say something like that before you bothered reading Schmitt? What a strange disability, was there no treatment?
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

  10. #30
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    The expectations which I think are realistic are those which can be realised, and not those which cannot.
    Oh I see. That clears everything up.


Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 443
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 11:33 AM
  2. [NF] NFs -- Are you BORED?
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
  3. bluebell is bored
    By bluebell in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 02:28 AM
  4. [NF] NFs: are you boring?
    By MacGuffin in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
  5. [INTJ] Posts here mean I'm bored
    By Wolf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 08:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO