MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you could write your own crime novel!
    A novel requires too much thinking....But there could be a blog.

also things like crosswords and such don't require the internet at all...
    I love crosswords, but I'm afraid that my prying coworkers would notice them immediately and falsely conclude that I don't have enough work.

or reorganize the office for maximum efficiency and minimum anybody else having a view of what you're doing
    This is something that should be done in any case, yes. Thank you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartCats View Post
    This is something that should be done in any case, yes. Thank you.
    and the best part... if you're the one who redesigns and carries out the layout you can entirely do it in your own self interest while appearing to be a caring and involved employee

who says that only children get to build forts?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes iHeartCats liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Yes, I see your point. But unfortunately, my coworkers are very curious ladies. They would notice immediately. I must be very sneaky.
    "Excuse me, iHeartCats. But uh, me and the other girls were talking, and we, uh, noticed that you're reading instead of just sitting there and doing nothing like you're supposed to. We wanted to, mm, bring it to your attention first, but we're really gonna have to let the bosses know if we see you doing it again."

The Internet tethering is probably your best bet if you could find a decent provider. Would save you in Xerox copy fees.

Failing that, would you be able to use the opportunity to speak up and ask if "there's anything (you) can do to help"? Some bosses like initiative and would remember it. Others, unfortunately, could not give a damn.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes. Thanks.
    We have those all-in-one desktop computers... I haven't even looked for the USB port yet (we got those new ones a couple of days ago), but it should exist somewhere on that thing, according to what I've read about all-in-one computer just now.
    It seems that my mobile phone network doesn't offer any rates with unlimited bandwidth usage (how outdated is that).

Anyway, it is a very good idea, I must find out if any other mobile networks in my country offer unlimited bandwidth usage for a reasonable price, if some of them do, I'm pretty sure I couldn't resist buying a new SIM card from another mobile network provider and trying it out.
    Here in the Netherlands they used to offer unlimited bandwidth, but no longer, so only those who still have it from then can use it. But there are some providers here that offer a package, say 2GB and when you use it they just significantly lower your internet speed instead of charging more. There might be something like that in your area as well. But I cant really say, I'm one of the lucky ones with an unlimited package still.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I would do everything from your email account.

Free ebooks - Project Gutenberg

Free e-books. You could send them to your email address in c&p form and read chapters in your emails.
    I'm in school so I would send myself review sheets to study and read over for class.
    Or your can write emails to yourself on things you want to do, brainstorm, etc.
    If you have a mix of paperwork and computer work, you could switch between the two--printed things and digital things.

There are apps like endnote that capture webpages to read offline, but you could just c&p websites and articles you intended to read.

Podcasts on the radio. You could pretend to click on things while listening to a podcast for entertainment. If anyone asks you can say you're listening to low-level meditation music in one ear to help you focus.

I usually establish boundaries right away at work. Especially in office settings. It's easier to look bitchy to others and end up calmer than they thought than the other way around. The other way around looks suspicious. I just politely but bluntly say, "I'm working because I'm here to work, and I work better if I don't break my concentration to ask questions about what I'm here for. Do you need some help with something you're working on? I'd be glad to set this aside a moment to assist if you're over here for that." Usually it's enough to shove people out of my area. If I notice them looking my way too often I ask, "Do you need some assistance?" and usually they'll stop their shifty eyes.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    "Excuse me, iHeartCats. But uh, me and the other girls were talking, and we, uh, noticed that you're reading instead of just sitting there and doing nothing like you're supposed to. We wanted to, mm, bring it to your attention first, but we're really gonna have to let the bosses know if we see you doing it again."
    They would be more like
    Kiki: "iHeartCats, what are you doing?"
    iHeartCats: Reading.
    Kiki: "And what are you reading?"
    iHeartCats: "Changes in excises' legislative."
    Kiki: "And what did they change?"
    iHeartCats: ...................
    Kiki: "I got some work for you, iHeartCats."

The older one
    *Sneaking a peek on what iHeartCats is doing every couple of minutes
    *Goes on daily coffee break with some coworkers
    *Coworkers ask her: "So, what is iHeartCats doing?"
    She replies: "As I see, nothing in particular."
    One coworker: "Oh! I got a s***load of documents that need some photocopying. I'm gonna go and see what she's doing."

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Failing that, would you be able to use the opportunity to speak up and ask if "there's anything (you) can do to help"? Some bosses like initiative and would remember it. Others, unfortunately, could not give a damn.
    If I offered my help, they would never give me the good stuff. Unfortunately, that's not how they work. When the boss notices that I'm done with work, she just gives me some boring s*** that other people from other services and departments should be doing (worst and most boring part of their jobs), like photocopying, scanning, babysitting lawyers from companies who lost a public procurement contest while they read through some documents in the meetings' room, registering a s***load of job applications in the writing office, etc.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

]Kiki: "And what did they change?"
    "Dunno, that's why I'm reading up on it."

And for added effect: "I'm really really interested in what was changed, though. And why it was changed. It's my passion. I'm passionate about it."
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I would do everything from your email account.

Free ebooks - Project Gutenberg

Free e-books. You could send them to your email address in c&p form and read chapters in your emails.
    I'm in school so I would send myself review sheets to study and read over for class.
    Or your can write emails to yourself on things you want to do, brainstorm, etc.
    If you have a mix of paperwork and computer work, you could switch between the two--printed things and digital things.

There are apps like endnote that capture webpages to read offline, but you could just c&p websites and articles you intended to read.
    Oh, this website is great! It has books in German and Italian. <3
    I heard about that website some time ago, I think I even used it some years ago, but I was at a different workplace back then and didn't have my own printer, and couldn't print the e-books at work without being noticed.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Here in the Netherlands they used to offer unlimited bandwidth, but no longer, so only those who still have it from then can use it. But there are some providers here that offer a package, say 2GB and when you use it they just significantly lower your internet speed instead of charging more. There might be something like that in your area as well. But I cant really say, I'm one of the lucky ones with an unlimited package still.
    I'm bringin' my USB wifi adapter to work tomorrow to see if the mobile hotspot things works. Party on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I say paint your eyelids convincingly and sleep or meditate. Here's what I mean by convincingly:
    "2 ams were made for poets, lovers, writers, visionaries, photographers, painters, overthinkers, silent seekers. These are my favorite hours." - anon

"If you do something out of duty, it will deplete you, but if you do something out of love, it will energize you." - anon

"Children are not things to be moulded, but people to be unfolded" - Jess Lair