Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Default This is what you look like when you take typology too seriously

Don't get worked up over damn categories of things.

Hopefully, this is not you, the reader. Don't be like this, whether it's about being an iNtuitive or a 4 or a freakin' Harry Potter hat.

haaa… I’ve actually devoted like, a mild to moderately obscene amount of time pondering why I’m not comfortable with being Sorted into Ravenclaw and it’s just… it’s obvious. and I’ve always been kind of reduced to my intelligence and my grades and my problem with hoarding books and my problem of going on academic journal archive binges and just saving every single article that is even remotely relevant to my interests and like…

like, in a similar sort of vein: in grade school and middle school and high school and even well into undergrad, everyone always said that I was Hermione and like, I don’t object to that? Hermione is one of my faves and I identify with her a lot and stuff… but I object to the reasons for why I was supposed to be Hermione because they were always things about, “but you study all the time” and, “but you get the best grades in the class” and, “but you do that thing where you pass out in the middle of biology then wake up and know the right answer anyway” and like… those are not really reasons why I’m anything like Hermione Granger because they have jack squat to do with who Hermione and I are as people or what we value or what our actual personalities are like. they’re really superficial freaking similarities, at best.

and I feel pretty much the same way about Ravenclaw and about all the reasons why people generally Sort me into Ravenclaw? because all the rationale I’ve ever heard is stuff like, “but you’re so smart and you’re so creative!” and, “but you study so much and you get such good grades and you do the thing where you pass out in bio class and then know the right answer anyway!” and, “but you spent tenth grade making our history teacher lunch a few times a week so he’d stop complaining about how our lunch block was too short for him to make it to Potbelly for a sandwich and shut up and teach us American History!” and, “but you have so many books and you take them with you everywhere and if you’re not writing something, then you’re reading something probably!”

the reasons people give for Sorting me into Ravenclaw are never anything about my actual attitudes about knowledge and learning and cleverness and stuff, and they’re never anything about me as a person, or my personality, or my values, or the things that are really important to me, or the things that I’d die defending and why I’d die defending them, or the principles and beliefs and ideas that guide my life and shape how I see and interact with the world, or how I approach and solve problems and muddle through difficult things, or what I like to do with my free time and why, or the traits and qualities and behaviors that I value in other people, or the friends I choose and why I choose them and how I tend to relate to them, or what a person could do to make me love them or hate them and why those things would make me love or hate a person, or anything that’s actually important to determining what Hogwarts House somebody belongs in. all the reasons why I’ve ever been sorted into Ravenclaw have just been about things that I do and the most basic fucking surface-level 101-grade interpretation of the things that I do without any freaking depth or insight or creativity in any of it…

frankly, it’s pretty much all been an exercise in, “I’ve just been sending everyone who looks like a good guy to Gryffindor, everyone who looks like a bad guy to Slytherin, and the other two can go wherever the Hell they want, I really don’t care” except that they’re doing it in complete and total seriousness. so I’m just like… yes. yes, all of what you are saying is technically accurate… NOW HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY SAY SOMETHING INTERESTING ABOUT ME AS A PERSON INSTEAD OF JUST DEFINING ME BY A CERTAIN SET OF INTERESTS AND BEHAVIORS THAT I EXHIBIT BECAUSE DEFINING ME BY THESE THINGS MAKES ME MORE PALATABLE FOR YOU AND EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. HOW ABOUT YOU TRY ACTUALLY CONSIDERING THE TOTALITY OF ME INSTEAD OF JUST THE PARTS OF ME THAT YOU FIND MOST AGREEABLE. HOW ABOUT YOU TRY ACTUALLY GETTING TO KNOW ME BEFORE YOU DECIDE WHAT HOGWARTS HOUSE I WOULD BE IN LIKE YOU’RE ACTUALLY DOING ANY KIND OF COMMENTING ON WHO I AM AND WHAT I’M LIKE AS A PERSON. STOP REDUCING ME TO THESE THINGS THEY ARE NOT ALL OF WHO I AM OR WHAT I’M ALL ABOUT. :|||
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    infp

exactly to the Jungian point. get to know ME not my type! (in some schools of thought, the type is not the reality, the ANTI-type is.)
    Man does not live, he just survives - Steve Camp

MBTI
    yupp

*lick* hmmmm tastes like anger
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Didn't read.. Very sorry.
    Likes Chanaynay, themightyfetus liked this post

Wait, I think I may be looking at it differently, I think jscrothers wants us to not get upset if people categorize us lol.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Old thread but still on the mark
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Unfortunately, typology is very serious business. Especially business. Dubious about the serious part but 1+0 = 1 so it works.

Anyway, the secret to supassing type is quite clear. You must be everything and you must be it constantly. If you let down your guard for a moment and fail to be the All, you have biased yourself to a type based on your haobbies and behaviors. It is an unavoidable fact.

This is true. My Insights typically are.
    Likes Evee, N/A liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

What gets to me most is the stereotyping of the types that often occurs. it totally disregards who someone is and their viewpoints solely because it was convenient enough for someone to see your type then brush you aside and move on. Yes, I can appear like a "spastic idiot" at times, but I'm not a fool. I do actually have some intellectual depth. People love labels, it makes things easy, so I don't see this going away any time soon. Growing up biracial, I'm also just used to people asking me what I am because being "me" apparently, isn't enough unfortunately.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

I agree that we need less threads on :Which type ..... ? " basis.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Don't get worked up over damn categories of things.

Hopefully, this is not you, the reader. Don't be like this, whether it's about being an iNtuitive or a 4 or a freakin' Harry Potter hat.
    The author of this piece has more problems than a typology fetish. He/she needs to learn how to write.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Forever, Bush Did 9/11, Video liked this post