User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Default Why do people need identification with types?

Is that because of inherit lack of identity; a lack of internal locus of control?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Why do you?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Because staying open to reality is a lot harder than simply choosing a reality, even if it's only partially true.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    Why do you?
    Who say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Because staying open to reality is a lot harder than simply choosing a reality, even if it's only partially true.
    True. Openess is a key.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    Who say that?
    ENTP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

ENTP
    You're trying to involve me in ego batlle with you. ENTP is just an apstractum; an illusory concept who serves me as an amusemenet park. I like noticing ego-spider-web who try cought us in this or that identification. As a subject with conceptual mind I'm an ENTp, but, as awareness which bypass conceptual frame of mind, I'm elusive to Ego and I reside in my true nature.

Tnx.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Is that because of inherit lack of identity; a lack of internal locus of control?
    Neither.

Typology can be useful in explaining why you are the way you are; a lot of us are physically and/or emotionally alone, nobody around us really understands us. This isn't a very comforting feeling, and it is good to encounter information that takes your behaviour, compartmentalises and rationalises it. That's my take anyway... As typology can also aid in explaining personality differences, it can help in improving your relationships if the other person is open enough to learn something new.

I do think the systems are misused a lot and you are touching on that. But that is no reason to dismiss tools out of hand.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Neither.

Typology can be useful in explaining why you are the way you are; a lot of us are physically and/or emotionally alone, nobody around us really understands us. This isn't a very comforting feeling, and it is good to encounter information that takes your behaviour, compartmentalises and rationalises it. That's my take anyway... As typology can also aid in explaining personality differences, it can help in improving your relationships if the other person is open enough to learn something new.

I do think the systems are misused a lot and you are touching on that. But that is no reason to dismiss tools out of hand.
    Typology is a hermetic, rationalistic system of 16 separated types. It make us anchored in our lonely shell of duality and separatedness from others. Science is a last boundary that prevent us from interconectedness of everything and from raising collective conciousness. There is a difference btw conceptaul and genuine mind; natural, free-flowing, intuitive intelligence. As a INTJ you are probably familiar with the stream of conciousness and automatic writing/discovering the truth from your subconcious mind, which is nicely presenting in the movie Inception.

Tnx.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're trying to involve me in ego batlling with you. ENTP is just an apstractum; an illusory concept who serves me as amuesmenet park. I like noticing ego-spider-web who try to cought us in this or that identification. As a subject with conceptual mind I'm an ENTp, but, as awareness which bypass conceptual frame of mind, I'm elusive to Ego and I reside in my true nature.

Tnx.
    I was just curious as to why you use the ENTP label for yourself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I was just curious as to why you use the ENTP label for yourself.
    Because I tested like an ENTP. And, because I was curious about how people react to attachments of types and identities. Because, people fear not to have an identity.