User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Why do you?
    I think this was an important question. Unfortunately it was glossed over.

You took a test.. to see what a result would be. I wouldn't classify this as a "need". Ever.

It can mean a great deal of things to all kinds of people.

Self-reflection is not the easiest thing in the world, especially with the enormity of some ego's, or with the lesson's society has taught us.

A personality test can Isolate tendency.

It can be a tool for some to see the areas they may need to work on.
    It can be validating for others who have felt misunderstood.
    It can be an excuse for some not to grow at all... and simply throw up their hands saying... "THIS IS WHO I AM" ....I cannot go outside of this framework. "THIS IS ALL THAT I SHOULD EVER BE, WILL BE, & THIS IS ALL TO EVER BE EXPECTED OF ME"

Life is life. You can navigate its waters and learn its intricacies.

You can be bound TO SOMETHING... or be BOUND FROM IT.

At the end of the day there are 5 million choices. There is not 1, that is "The 1".

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Do you think it's bad to identify with one?
    What is good for one could prove devastating for another, you know? I was on a list years ago, before this forum even existed, and a kid posted that he had taken a test and came out INFP. He then went on to say that he saw himself as smart his entire life until he read INFP descriptions. I taught him to rethink results based on forced-choice questions and finally, the kid snapped out of it. Now, if I had to spend an hour talking to an impressionable kid who allowed a so-called test result to influence him to such a serious degree, you tell me if it's "good" or "bad." In his case, it was initially devastating.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What is good for one could prove devastating for another, you know? I was on a list years ago, before this forum even existed, and a kid posted that he had taken a test and came out INFP. He then went on to say that he saw himself as smart his entire life until he read INFP descriptions. I taught him to rethink results based on forced-choice questions and finally, the kid snapped out of it. Now, if I had to spend an hour talking to an impressionable kid who allowed a so-called test result to influence him to such a serious degree, you tell me if it's "good" or "bad." In his case, it was initially devastating.
    Yeah. I see what you mean. MBTI is only a preference indicator... Not an ability diagnostic. I'm glad you were able to get him to see it in a different light. I feel rather the same way about IQ. I don't want to be tested because I'm afraid I won't be able to get away of making that number into more than it really means.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    Is that because of inherit lack of identity; a lack of internal locus of control?
    Naaaaaaaaah..................
    Me don't really need it, I just like doing it.........
    for very reasonable and practical reasons that I will probably never reveal publicly.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    When I was 14, I 'fell victim' to a Scientology test that told me I was depressed. While I didn't fall for any of their nonsense aside from that, it sure made me question myself. I also, of course, knew nothing about psychometry and the fallibility of tests, nor really about hidden agendas.

These things are only useful in some particular context. The Scientology test is a useful tool to push an agenda; personality tests are useful for.. well, rough guides. Overidentification with any of them--or any one aspect of one's being--isn't so useful.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartCats View Post
    Naaaaaaaaah..................
    Me don't really need it, I just like doing it.........
    for very reasonable and practical reasons that I will probably never reveal publicly.
    you dont like public sex. o, my god, you re such a rarity.
    Likes iHeartCats liked this post

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Requiring a place to belong seems to be an inherit trait in us humans.

Wether it be the social butterfly flocking their way into every clique they come across or the narcissist that runs from any and all signs of conformity. Everyone seeks out where they belong and there are no exceptions.

Typology is just a catalyst to steer someone towards a more defined direction. Wether that direction is positive or negative is open to interpretation. But like so many ideas, typology itself is neither positive nor negative to the intellectual mind.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf