User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

It validates many of the basic flaws people see in themselves. It's relieving to learn that there are other people who struggle with similar problems as you do. On the other hand, it allows people to better realize their strengths.

Before reading about ISTJ I felt I was frightful, spiteful and unwanted. After reading about ISTJ I learned I was steadfast, loyal and basis of whole damn civilization as we know it. Made me feel good about myself. It's easier to be proud of oneself when you know your strengths.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If someone tested as type ABCD and the description read, "You're a dumbfuck!" how many would likely choose to identify with it? Now, what if someone tested as type DCBA and the description read, "You're a creative genius!" how many would likely choose to identify with it?

You get the point.
    What if the description said both: "you're a dumbfuck" AND "you're a creative genius"? That's what the good ones do. They show the strengths and weaknesses of the type. Part of finding your own type is being able to accept both as descriptive of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Its easier to say INFP then explain all the things it contains.

Same reason we use stereotypes and any other grouping.

How many men have this need to fit in the "MAN" box. Its a box.
    Yes, types are a shorthand for all the things they contain. Note one can make exceptions: "I'm an ABCD, but more [insert quality] than most of them."
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

do you need clothes? no do you wear them? yes why? cuz if you don't you'd get arrested.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What if the description said both: "you're a dumbfuck" AND "you're a creative genius"? That's what the good ones do. They show the strengths and weaknesses of the type. Part of finding your own type is being able to accept both as descriptive of you.
    If, or when, people "find" themselves, they will have hopefully transcended the temporary problem of identifying with a type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    Is that because of inherit lack of identity; a lack of internal locus of control?
    It's because stereotypes like MBTI types make complicated things look less complicated . Then we humans have an illusion that we understand these complicated things (like other people or ourselves) and life seems less complicated and there is an illusion of some control of life itself.
    Likes infiniterandomness11 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

If, or when, people "find" themselves, they will have hopefully transcended the temporary problem of identifying with a type.
    Do you think it's bad to identify with one? I tend to sort of see it the way I describe my eyes as hazel or my hair as red. It doesn't really speak to the full truth of the situation... Especially since I dye my hair. But it does begin to describe me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Because people want to fit in or to be a part of a bigger whole.

Its easier to say INFP then explain all the things it contains.

Same reason we use stereotypes and any other grouping.

How many men have this need to fit in the "MAN" box. Its a box.
    This is the way how the real man speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    there is an illusion of some control of life itself.
    This is also very nicely said.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Identifying with a type isn't a problem. It is one exercise that some people find helpful in understanding themselves and others better. You can get the same result in many different ways. A combination often works best.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    It validates many of the basic flaws people see in themselves. It's relieving to learn that there are other people who struggle with similar problems as you do. On the other hand, it allows people to better realize their strengths.

Before reading about ISTJ I felt I was frightful, spiteful and unwanted. After reading about ISTJ I learned I was steadfast, loyal and basis of whole damn civilization as we know it. Made me feel good about myself. It's easier to be proud of oneself when you know your strengths.
    I like this and agree with it.

Also, for me, it has helped me understand that some people aren't being difficult or deliberately trying to be annoying. They really do have a different framework.

And, of course this understanding helps me as a writer, in character building.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

+1. Typology is just a rest stop on the way to self understanding. it's no more useful that astrology, and less entertaining.
    Stereotypes are not useful towards a goal of self understanding. Not at all. Stand in front of me and I'll tell you 5 things about you based on your appearance that may or not be true, and you will retain the flattering parts and ignore the rest. This is human nature. To evolve always requires pain, and typology provides no methodology for dealing with that.

And speaking of pain: people start developing as soon as they are born, and part of that development includes all of the psychological cuts and bruises that accumulate along the way, which become central to your 'self'. Typology prefers to ignore this element entirely, in deference to the notion that somehow, despite all of the science in recent years that tells us that the brain, and therefore the mind, are plastic and able to adapt to circumstances, the mind is actually fixed and immutable. You are born with something, but that something is not described by four letters and their concomitant half-truths, despite Dario's 'science'.
    So if you believe in science and that science can lead one towards truth, you must treat typology as the flattering fictional plaything that it is.