User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Default Every you every me

I was considering perception versus projection, when I had an idea; why not test it?

The game is simple: mention those who know you best, and get them to take a test as they imagine you would answer. I Have gathered a few tests under the spoiler, but feel free to use whichever tests you please.

EDIT: A simpler more personal alternative is to pick a few words that you think describe you. Place them under a spoiler; then compare them with those you mention.
    Last edited by Dr Mobius; 09-07-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

@five sounds

Will you please take this test as if you were me?

how cynical are you?

(I searched for an online test that appeared to have some substance but was very short. As we'll do what needs to be done in the name of scientific advancement...but we are still 7s. Let us not forget who's "got control of the wheel" am I right?)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Starry

24% cynical. Thank you for picking a short test. Did the whole thing with no breaks haha!

Edit: for myself I got 32%. I wonder which is closer to yours.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    @Starry

24% cynical. Thank you for picking a short test. Did the whole thing with no breaks haha!

Edit: for myself I got 32%. I wonder which is closer to yours.

haha omg this is so funny and so awesome...

So when I took this quiz I got '28% cynical'....BUT I would have gotten 24% had it not been for this question:

You don't vote. It doesn't make a difference in the end anyway.

^I didn't know how to answer this because I do vote...but every single time I do I'm like "why the fuck?" And I'll think things like *Florida* and *too big to fail* and *how many trees are sacrificed each year in an effort to pacify the masses by providing us the illusion that we're anything other than servants and slaves.*

Still, I vote so you can see my dilemma there haha…but I marked it on-a-counta "good measure."

---------

Now when I completed this same test answering as you I got 36% cynical. I would have gotten 32% though had I not marked the above question as 'true' for you merely because I had marked it true for me with a degree of uncertainty haha. (I actually think this is really cool and am so glad I asked you...and appreciate you doing this so much.)

I don't think you're cynical though (umm no one does with 32% duh Starry)...I do think you're more realistic than I am...less (pathologically) attached to the "ideal."

------

Now, what % of long-ass, online personality tests do you, at some point, actually say out-loud "you have got to be kidding me." And then later on, after hitting submit only to discover another set of 500 multiple choice questions...say "oh fuck this shit. like I somehow need to know which Power Ranger I am (or kind of weather system...or dinner entree...or Gilden exterior paint color)... right."

For me...upwards to 84% of all the long-ass

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

@Starry @five sounds thanks for participating in my ah erroneous thread. Expecting people to take impersonal tests is probably pushing it somewhat. So simplification is perhaps the answer. Maybe an interactive Johari; picking a few adjectives to describe yourself under a spoiler then comparing those against the mentioned. It would also be far more personal.

PS It's good to see you're still around Starry regardless of the type of dinner entrée you happen to be.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    haha omg this is so funny and so awesome...

So when I took this quiz I got '28% cynical'....BUT I would have gotten 24% had it not been for this question:

You don't vote. It doesn't make a difference in the end anyway.

^I didn't know how to answer this because I do vote...but every single time I do I'm like "why the fuck?" And I'll think things like *Florida* and *too big to fail* and *how many trees are sacrificed each year in an effort to pacify the masses by providing us the illusion that we're anything other than servants and slaves.*

Still, I vote so you can see my dilemma there haha…but I marked it on-a-counta "good measure."
    haha that damn question. i struggled on it both for myself and for you. i vote sometimes, but don't always for that exact reason. and, like you, when i do, i have a very distinct feeling that what i'm doing doesn't matter and i get frustrated and disappointed at the whole thing. i think i marked it for myself and not for you. which MEANS i would have gotten 28% for you. oh this is fantastic.

Now when I completed this same test answering as you I got 36% cynical. I would have gotten 32% though had I not marked the above question as 'true' for you merely because I had marked it true for me with a degree of uncertainty haha. (I actually think this is really cool and am so glad I asked you...and appreciate you doing this so much.)

I don't think you're cynical though (umm no one does with 32% duh Starry)...I do think you're more realistic than I am...less (pathologically) attached to the "ideal."
    confession time: i took it for myself a few times. there is a version in which i get 44% cynical. there's some pretty absolute wording in there, and when i take it by the 'gist' [not purely or every or even most (which i know i've talked to you about my difficulty with statements of this kind, so you see my dilemma there)] i wind up 44% cynical.

the 'lucky' or 'superstitious' question, i think those can be used in weakness or feelings of powerlessness, but i would never dare deem someone 'weak minded' as if we're all so strong and in control except for this superstitious scum. same with expecting everyone to lie. who in this universe has told zero lies?

haha...so short response (before i ramble forever about the entire quiz) is i wish i could write a short answer response for each question and have a panel of thoughtful, wise, and specialized people determine my level of cynicism. (it's just a silly quiz, i know. this is why i can't do long ones without blasting through them at turbo speed and probably misreading a good 10% of the questions.)

Now, what % of long-ass, online personality tests do you, at some point, actually say out-loud "you have got to be kidding me." And then later on, after hitting submit only to discover another set of 500 multiple choice questions...say "oh fuck this shit. like I somehow need to know which Power Ranger I am (or kind of weather system...or dinner entree...or Gilden exterior paint color)... right."

For me...upwards to 84% of all the long-ass
    ...which brings me to this point. i much more often just start clicking rapidly to end it. i still try (not very hard) to answer the questions, or i open a million tabs and get into every thing possible as a means of distraction to get me through the grueling long-assness of the test, and either complete it in a cool 3 hours or just leave that tab open for days until it's accidentally closed out or my false hope fades away and i close the tab in a moment of triumph. this last variation can last days.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    @Starry @five sounds thanks for participating in my ah erroneous thread. Expecting people to take impersonal tests is probably pushing it somewhat. So simplification is perhaps the answer. Maybe an interactive Johari; picking a few adjectives to describe yourself under a spoiler then comparing those against the mentioned. It would also be far more personal.

PS It's good to see you're still around Starry regardless of the type of dinner entrée you happen to be.
    dude i think this is a really good thread idea. i don't think it needs to be simplified. but maybe that could open options up for people who may feel differently. at any rate, my gears are already turning about who to ask to do what kind of test for me. i've thought of this when taking tests very often.