User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    (I should point out that this is essentially an ad-hominem attack, but I cannot bring myself to report it as it is simply too entertaining.)
    I believe you have a personal animus towards me and use your position as moderator to pursue it.

I have asked you to stop and you refuse.

This is an abuse of power.

But what to put on the poster?

I think people are initially interested in whether they are introverted or extroverted. And I think they have access to the internet and typologycentral.com. So should those three elements at least be on the poster and T-shirt? However I think we need a graphic designer to put them all together.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I believe you have a personal animus towards me ...
    oh my dear Mole!

if the argument is indeed adH then any response is ... well, sort-of moot, is it not?

far better to waste one's ink/electrons/photons/whatever on your initial proposal?

unfortunately, i suspect the cardinality(of the tribe) may well be 1?
    Last edited by st-t-toat; 09-04-2014 at 05:37 AM. Reason: vin will always do this?

Quote Originally Posted by st-t-toat View Post
    oh my dear Mole!

if the argument is indeed adH then any response is ... well, sort-of moot, is it not?

far better to waste one's ink/electrons/photons/whatever on your initial proposal?

unfortunately, i suspect the cardinality(of the tribe) may well be 1?
    I think its electrons because what we are reading and writing on Typology Central is not print but electronic print (eprint).

The printing press and so print was invented in 1440 and the electric telegraph was invented in 1840.

The printing press gave rise to universal literacy and the literate individual, and the electric telegraph, the phone, the radio, the TV and the computer, are giving rise to electronic tribes, like Typology Central.

However we drive forward looking in the rear vision mirror of literacy while the electronic tribes (etribes) are rushing towards us through the windshield.

Frankly I think people are just waiting to be asked.

Many are in hiatus moving from home to the world and looking for substitute parents like Carl Jung and Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers.

And substitute parents are a step on the way towards finding their place in the world.

Typology Central is a good place to start because not only does it provide substitute parents but is allows critique of those very parents.

So Typology Central provides a safe opportunity to grow up. What more could we ask for?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Did you say ingenious just after you said clever, original, and inventive?

I blush with pleasure and embarrassment.

Just consider my situation. I live surrounded by the Great Southern Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean. So you might think I am surrounded and cut off, and indeed there is only one other member from my home town in Typology Central, yet there are 350,000 of us. So there are 350,000 minus 2 that have never heard of us.

There are notice boards everywhere and I am good at making striking posters. So I imagine being surrounded, not by the cruel seas, but by friendly local members of Typology Central. We might breakfast together - power breakfasts; have long lingering lunches where we drink just a little too much; and dine together in the evenings discussing the events of the day.

Just down the road from me is Megalo Screen Printing (a community organisation) where I could print posters and T-shirts.

There are a number of artists on Typology Central, so perhaps they might like to draw or paint something for a poster or T-shirt, advertising Typology Central in the Capital of a Continent, Canberra.

What do you think?
    I wake to cruel seas.