User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Red face Which Hogwarts House do you identify with most, and why?

I've seen a lot of "which House do you belong in?" quizzes and "how do the Hogwarts Houses match up with MBTI types", but I haven't ever heard much actual discussion of what Houses people feel best suited to or drawn to and why. My apologies if this has already been done - if so, didn't find it in search.

So... Which Hogwarts House do you identify with most, and why? Does it seem to fit with your MBTI type? Your Enneagram? Instinctual variant stacking? Do you relate with the characters in that House? Any other interesting related thoughts?

For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Sorting Hat
    You might belong in Gryffindor,
    Where dwell the brave at heart,
    Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
    Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
    Where they are just and loyal,
    Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
    And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
    if you've a ready mind,
    Where those of wit and learning,
    Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
    You'll make your real friends,
    Those cunning folks use any means
    To achieve their ends.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

My posts in this thread and this thread speak of Hufflepuff to me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ravenclaw, because crows.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I've seen a lot of "which House do you belong in?" quizzes and "how do the Hogwarts Houses match up with MBTI types", but I haven't ever heard much actual discussion of what Houses people feel best suited to or drawn to and why. My apologies if this has already been done - if so, didn't find it in search.

So... Which Hogwarts House do you identify with most, and why? Does it seem to fit with your MBTI type? Your Enneagram? Instinctual variant stacking? Do you relate with the characters in that House? Any other interesting related thoughts?
    Slytherin, largely by process of elimination: all the others are a worse fit. Ravenclaw is close, but not goal-oriented enough. While I don't entirely fit the description of using any means to achieve my ends, I do subscribe to the idea that knowledge is power, and the goal of putting my knowledge and skills to practical use.

It fits my type well enough, or at least some of the INTJ stereotypes. 5w6 enneatypes might fit just as well in Ravenclaw - depends on the person. I don't see the stackings as that closely tied to houses. SP first, for instance, could fit anywhere, depending on what the person wanted to hold onto and what formed the basis for their security. As for characters, my favorite by far in the HP world, and one of my favorites in literature overall is Severus Snape.

Interesting related thought: Slytherins consistently get a bum rap in the HP series, in large part because we see almost everything through the eyes of Harry, who is far from objective. The denouement corrects this somewhat, but by then, the damage has been done.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes free electron liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I read four of the Harry Potter books way back when the fourth one was new, then stopped.

Years ago I had a friend who was much more into them than me, and she brought up something or another about what house she belonged to, saying she thought she should be in Gryffindor, but everyone was saying she should be in Ravenclaw. She asked me which I thought I was in. I said Hufflepuff. She immediately protested and said I most definitely seemed like I belonged to Ravenclaw. I said Hufflepuff's ethic seemed more like me, to which she replied that, while not specifically stated, it is more a less suggested that Huffelpuffs are kind of stupid. So I said I refused to have to choose between ethics and intelligence, and it never was decided.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

For reference:
    Not Gryffindor -- I'm not brave or daring. Well, I am a little, but it isn't a defining part of me.

Not Hufflepuff, as my morality is questionable and I dislike hard work.

So I'd say I'd be happiest in Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

Oh, and I'm ENTP.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Gryffindor. I value the kind of people that would fit in there a lot, or would see myself fitting in with them.

I can't see myself as being Hufflepuff mostly just because I believe some rules are meant to be broken.

I would get bored out of my mind in Ravenclaw after a short period of time. I can only learn and listen so much before I lose my marbles.

I'm not as cut-throat and bossy as Slytherin are depicted - I just don't have the whole "evil mastermind" thing to me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post

I'm not as cut-throat and bossy as Slytherin are depicted - I just don't have the whole "evil mastermind" thing to me.
    That's exactly what you'd say if you WERE a cut-throat evil mastermind.

SLYTHERIN!!

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I'm very Hufflepuff, but more of a Tonks-like Hufflepuff instead of a do-everything-by-the-book Hufflepuff.

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't qualify for any of them; I'm too compassionate for Slytherin, too self-interested for Gryffinder, too lazy for Hufflepuff (who otherwise sound like the most temperamentally diverse and therefore the least annoying of the Houses) and too stupid for Ravenclaw.