First 23456 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    If I had gone to Hogwarts, I would have been a geed.

I'm not sure what house this is, but I'm woried about people who would cast debilitating spells on helpful, less aloof Ravenclaws, for not going along with their schemes, while leaving actual Voldemort supporters alone. Then Voldemort would take over because only those Ravenclaw people could counter the spells of the Voldemort supporters.

The good intentions are irrelevant in this circumstance. The effect would be disastrous.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I'm not sure what house this is, but I'm woried about people who would cast debilitating spells on helpful, less aloof Ravenclaws, for not going along with their schemes, while leaving actual Voldemort supporters alone. Then Voldemort would take over because only those Ravenclaw people could counter the spells of the Voldemort supporters.

The good intentions are irrelevant in this circumstance. The effect would be disastrous.
    Urban Dictionary states geeds are people who do not conform to greek sororities, in other words, not affiliated with any house.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Urban Dictionary states geeds are people who do not conform to greek sororities, in other words, not affiliated with any house.
    I sympathize, but I'm wary of being a victim of dark magic. I've been attacked by it before.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I've come to accept that I'm pure hufflepuff material.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, EJCC, chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I sympathize, but I'm wary of being a victim of dark magic. I've been attacked by it before.
    Those who dabble in it, and those who jump out towards it are usually those affected by dark magic. A Ravenclaw may hold wiser thoughts beyond viewing themselves as helpless.

I would be in Gryffindor/Ravenclaw. Don't know which one.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Ravenclaw would probably be the best fit for me. I just love learning new things. The quest for knowledge and understanding, to me, is neverending. Sometimes to the exclusion of other things in my life.

I kind of identify with Slytherin, in that I am fairly cautious, and not very trusting. But I loathe their snotty belief in blood purity. It basically amounts to racism, and I hate racism.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Ravenclaw would probably be the best fit for me. I just love learning new things. The quest for knowledge and understanding, to me, is neverending. Sometimes to the exclusion of other things in my life.

I kind of identify with Slytherin, in that I am fairly cautious, and not very trusting. But I loathe their snotty belief in blood purity. It basically amounts to racism, and I hate racism.
    Hmm, I never thought of being cautious as a Slytherin trait, but I'm definitely not a trusting person. Usually, I've found that I regret being too trusting. You can mistrust someone and still like them; it's hardly mutually exclusive. Honestly, that approach works better for me.

I echo you with the part about not being big on blood purity. It's a load of crap.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

If Hermione Granger is a Gryffindor, then so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

One of the major flaws of the Harry Potter books, IMO, is that JK Rowling doesn't ever bother trying to make Slytherin not seem evil. There are a handful of non-evil Slytherins, but they're shown as an exception to the general rule.

I figure the most basic traits that one would need to have, to be a Slytherin, would be Machiavellianism and a desire for power. Racism would be more of a cultural problem associated with the house, than a necessary Slytherin trait.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If Hermione Granger is a Gryffindor, then so am I.
    It fits!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC
    One of the major flaws of the Harry Potter books, IMO, is that JK Rowling doesn't ever bother trying to make Slytherin not seem evil. There are a handful of non-evil Slytherins, but they're shown as an exception to the general rule.

I figure the most basic traits that one would need to have, to be a Slytherin, would be Machiavellianism and a desire for power. Racism would be more of a cultural problem associated with the house, than a necessary Slytherin trait.
    Yeah. I would have liked to have seen more good Slytherins and more malicious Gryffindors. I think those exist in the real world.

Visit my Johari:
    Likes EJCC liked this post