User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I wouldn't qualify for any of them; I'm too compassionate for Slytherin, too self-interested for Gryffinder, too lazy for Hufflepuff (who otherwise sound like the most temperamentally diverse and therefore the least annoying of the Houses) and too stupid for Ravenclaw.
    That's the beauty of it, Hufflepuff takes "the rest", so if you don't fit you end up there.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I wouldn't qualify for any of them; I'm too compassionate for Slytherin, too self-interested for Gryffinder, too lazy for Hufflepuff (who otherwise sound like the most temperamentally diverse and therefore the least annoying of the Houses) and too stupid for Ravenclaw.
    I suppose that makes you a muggle.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 09-03-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've always related to Slytherin the most.

-They have a very personal outlook
    -They stick together and look out for each other, and help each other get ahead
    -They play to win
    -They are success driven
    -They are not afraid of their opinions

Etc. Pottermore is really good for being sorted!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I couldn't help but noticing that Rowling picked up on some high school clique stereotypes. At least in the first 2 books/films that was somehow the case.

Gryffindor - The jocks
    Slytherin - The bullies
    Ravenclaw - The nerds/geeks
    Hufflepuff - the nice guys/girls

I always scored somewhere between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, I suppose, but can we play Lord of the Rings now?

Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I see you as a Ravenclaw... because you have a way of kind of standing aloof, or at least apart, from the big issues of the day in a way I empathize with.

I always felt like the Slytherins got kind of a bad rap. I mean, if everyone in that house was evil, why does it even still exist at that school? Do the members give the biggest donations or what?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I once took an enormous test of...maybe 450 questions. Somehow, I managed to tie between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

I agree with it, but I think Gryffindor would ultimately be the better place for me. Harry was an equal fit for both Gryffindor and Slytherin, so as long as choosing is fair game, I'd be safe.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I think i'm a HuffleClaw (Ravenpuff?). I don't fit exactly into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, but I identify with aspects of each.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've always identified with ravenclaw. too passive for gryffindor, not ambitious enough for slytherin, not quite nice enough for hufflepuff.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Interesting related thought: Slytherins consistently get a bum rap in the HP series, in large part because we see almost everything through the eyes of Harry, who is far from objective. The denouement corrects this somewhat, but by then, the damage has been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I always felt like the Slytherins got kind of a bad rap. I mean, if everyone in that house was evil, why does it even still exist at that school? Do the members give the biggest donations or what?
    I agree with both of these sentiments, and it was one of my frustrations while reading the books. I appreciated the widening of perspective and the greater ambiguity as the series went on - and sort of pleasing that the books seemed to develop a more complex morality in concert with Harry and his peers growing up - but, I think by the time we got to the point of being able to see that, the good/evil divide had already been deeply ingrained enough that it was hard to revoke. With that being said, of course all of the founders would have had their flaws, and it would be unreasonable to interpret one as purely evil, when clearly there is a sliding scale with no real determining factors, and that we are left with the possibility of one of Harry's sons being a future Slytherin is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Years ago I had a friend who was much more into them than me, and she brought up something or another about what house she belonged to, saying she thought she should be in Gryffindor, but everyone was saying she should be in Ravenclaw. She asked me which I thought I was in. I said Hufflepuff. She immediately protested and said I most definitely seemed like I belonged to Ravenclaw. I said Hufflepuff's ethic seemed more like me, to which she replied that, while not specifically stated, it is more a less suggested that Huffelpuffs are kind of stupid. So I said I refused to have to choose between ethics and intelligence, and it never was decided.
    I personally am biased towards non-stereotypical examples of House affiliation. It pleases me to see someone with an outwardly-visible trait of intellect who affiliates with Hufflepuff. I think Hufflepuff was certainly sterotyped in that realm, anyway. Since when have being just, fair, and loyal been correlated with stupidity? That used to be the stuff of philosophers. I think again we tend to see the Potterverse through impulsive young Gryffindor eyes.