User Tag List

First 456

Thread: Online Dating

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Beware, young men, of serial online daters, unless you're willing to party freely with your company and dinner money with nothing more than company in return. I've got an idealistic, sensitive buddy I had to console about this last weekend.
    The interwebs are a shark infested sea of gold diggers looking for ez prey.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Glint liked this post

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

I have never and will never participate in any websites/communities for the sole purpose of trying to find a date.
    The very nature and intent of the people I meet on dating sites would already start things off on the wrong foot, i.e. being girlfriendzoned.
    I feel threatened and turned off by people whose only reason for approaching me is the possibility of a relationship. A relationship based on what I am, not who I am.
    Having said that, it seems unlikely that I would find "my type" of guy frequenting dating sites anyways. There's some selection bias at work here...

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I remain single for a long time (or forever.) I can accept that.

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

I don't get it. I think people are different online and in person and I also think it's not exactly the safest thing for women to go out meeting people they don't actually know, or know the intentions of.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    INFJ

A long time ago I tried eharmony to please my mom. Did it for 6 months. Talked to a few guys over the phone. Most of them were sweet and boring and I spent my time trying to laugh at their jokes and make them feel good about themselves. One guy I was sort of into, but it fizzled in the end because he kept making incorrect assumptions about me based on things he [mistakenly] thought I wasn't telling him.

I guess it always bothered me that someone else (or some carefully designed program) was screening my potential dates for me. Filtering out potential good ones because of superficial differences and handing me poor options based on external similarities. As though this site thinks it could know me & what I want better than I know myself.

But my brother (INTJ) married a woman he met on eharmony and they are very happy together, so it works for some people. She's a really sweet person and they're great together--really healthy for each other. But I think he was on there for a lot longer than I was. Maybe a year and a half or more?

I married a man I met on a forum similar to this one. I guess it sort of was "internet dating" after all.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I used to meet guys several years ago on the Internet Planet on a french website.

What happens is that each person starts a Fantasy Processus, making many projections on a total stranger and his/her pictures.

To me, it can be ok for very short time adventures, not for serious relationships. Serious relationships are much more complicate...

Some couples have met on internet, everything can happen if you believe in it !

On the other hand, I've met 2 guys online because we have the same spheres of interest.

As time goes by, we have sent pictures to each other. Flirt and curiosity can be part of the distant relationship style.

Anyway, what truly matters is the kind of intellectual exchange we have today. I asked them to be on cam to feel how mature and spontaneous they are.

The site is HI5. I was supped to meet foreigners to improve my english, but I felt on 2 french dudes

I'm still in touch with one of them. We never met and never will.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Default Blind Date

~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

I don't use internet dating sites, what a waste of time. Meet people in real life that way you can disqualify them based on their looks accurately...

Tongue in cheek people. Kay.

~ Elbert Hubbard

Never done it. If I tried I would use tinder I guess. If I was single I would probably not do it. First I would hassle people I know to go out with me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

my friend met some dude off tinder and he stole her laptop.