User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: Online Dating

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Oh yeah, you've got a point with bunnies not being very good for sex. Anyway I think the bunny wouldn't really mind, they're the most horny animals . So it's actually an advantage, because bunnies want to have sex all the time, they don't have headaches, or depressions.
    But then i cant be the one who is there to ease the headaches and depressions and be loved by it. Or yelled for it and then loved later for still being there..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    But then i cant be the one who is there to ease the headaches and depressions and be loved by it. Or yelled for it and then loved later for still being there..
    Awww, man don't worry you'll find someone

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Awww, man don't worry you'll find someone
    Yea i know, im not afraid of that, but doing something about sooner it will make it happen sooner
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Doesn't work for me. Men who I feel attracted to can be divided in two categories: those who I only feel sexually attracted to, and those who I also feel romantically attracted to. Now I noticed it's pretty much impossible to move from the first category to the second category. When I feel sexually attracted to someone right away, I somehow start seeing them as pieces of meat, not as people who I could develop romantic relationships with. The men who I get romantic feelings for, tend to be my friends or good acquaintances at first, without any kind of sexual tension to begin with. This is where online dating goes wrong with me: online dating fixes specifically on the romantic/sexual part, which puts anybody who I'd get to know through this medium right into the category that I'll objectify and will never be able to get genuine romantic feelings for. In fact, the only times I ever got into it, was to make someone I actually liked jealous by dating someone who's hotter than him. Besides, once I lose romantic feelings for one person, it's usually only a matter of weeks before I develop romantic feelings for someone else (yes, always for a friend/friendly acquaintance). I can't be bothered with strangers trying to score some kind of happily ever after with me!
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Online dating just doesn't appeal to me. I've had accounts for lurking, and I never saw anyone who interests me. And the idea of choosing a partner based on their photos and their profile is just unnatural to me. Most of the guys I've been into, I felt it pretty soon upon meeting them.. I need that natural chemistry which I can't imagine working on a dating site. Too much emphasis on being 'good on paper,' which I'm not and wouldn't expect anyone else to be. Plus I don't trust a photo to really show me what someone looks like.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    And the idea of choosing a partner based on their photos and their profile is just unnatural to me.
    The idea is not to choose a partner based on profile, the idea is to choose who you might want to investigate further on a date based on profile and what they say to you. Dates are for choosing a partner, profiles are for choosing dates.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The idea is not to choose a partner based on profile, the idea is to choose who you might want to investigate further on a date based on profile and what they say to you. Dates are for choosing a partner, profiles are for choosing dates.
    I still might pass over someone for having something dumb written, or weird picture when they'd be perfectly viable IRL. I'm not talking shit on people who online date, it's just not for me.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I still might pass over someone for having something dumb written, or weird picture when they'd be perfectly viable IRL. I'm not talking shit on people who online date, it's just not for me.
    But when you pass the whole internet dating, you are passing over not just those that could had been great but wrote some stupid crap or were unable to post proper pictures, but also those that would had been great and you would had not passed over based on pics or what they say.

And i didnt think you were trying to shit talk, it just seemed as if your idea of the whole thing was more like to single out just one on the whole site based on profile and try to make babies with him the moment you first meet him (if i may exaggerate a bit)
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

But when you pass the whole internet dating, you are passing over not just those that could had been great but wrote some stupid crap or were unable to post proper pictures, but also those that would had been great and you would had not passed over based on pics or what they say.
    I've been wifed up since I was 20, so this is all hypothetical and I can't even imagine dating. I always hated being single lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Beware, young men, of serial online daters, unless you're willing to party freely with your company and dinner money with nothing more than company in return. I've got an idealistic, sensitive buddy I had to console about this last weekend.