User Tag List

Default I have calculated the possibilities

I am interested in what others have to say about this.

I can say that I have real problem when it comes to acting spontaneously. So FPs could be a little bit disturbed by this post.

On MBTI tests in many occasions I have scored 100% J and if it is not that strong it is still above 80%. I can score in all four letters above 80% just by giving the correct information.
    So the fact that I am also very I, N and T makes thing even more drastic.

Even if situation comes out of nowhere I will need only few seconds to create a plan.
    I am so J that I don't communicate normally with other people. Before I start a conversation I scan the possible outcomes and arguments of the other person so when the conversation actually happens I am shooting arguments faster than they come out of other person.
    But the other person takes this kind of attitude as personal insult so I don't do that often.
    I always think before I say something and search the data bank of what I have already said. Plus is it in contradiction with what I am going to say.
    Also I say little so I can remember what I have said for a few days.

In many situations I have managed to swing small situations in my favor just because I was ready and the other person was not even thinking that I had a plan for that situation. So he/she agrees with me without resisting.
    I mean those are some small things, who would plan for something like this?

If I know that I will end up in some social situation I prepare few jokes so I will have something nice to say.

People also don't want to play video games with me because
    QUOTE: You are machine set to win, so playing games with you is a complete waste of time.

I have plans for what I will do in incoming years. But when it comes to long range planning I am trying to create flexible plans. Because off obvious reasons.

When I am going in "uncharted territory" I try to inform myself more about the place or rules of that place so that I could develop plans or standard policy. Which is very useful if things repeat pretty much all the time.

Also this entire psycho image is more or less carefully planned image to hide my calculated and impersonal nature.
    Plus it can show me as more F than I actually am. Or it can be used as entertainment when you are stuck with other person. If you are not too brutal, this can work just fine.

When it comes to science and experiments I am not totally J but again I am doing them for my future goals not for the sake of curiosity.
    There is a degree of curiosity but it is far from dominant

When I take some online tests I have huge problems with them.
    For example let say there is a question like:
    Your relations with person X turned out bad. What will you do?
    Then I start thinking like: Do I need this person in my life? Do I need the skills of that person for something? Am I close to that person? ............

So I always click options more or less as I wish because I can't decide anything on so little information.

I can be described as the total opposite of warm and fuzzy or wild and crazy.
    For me it is impossible to fit in at the party because I so firm all the time.

Some time ago one INFP woman on INTJf asked how to be more organized and J. Her reaction on my reply was something like "You are joking , right ?"
    I would not be surprised if she is here under a different name.

There are more examples but I think this is enough too provide good picture.

Can it be that I calculate so much because that is the only way for me to fit into the society at least to some level ?
    And I must fit to get some kind of bonus which I need for future progress.
    It is not that I have social anxiety.
    Actally I would do much better in many social situations if my social anxiety was higher.
    It is just that since kindergarten I am not compatible.
    And since I was 5 I think that T>F.

Also one more question what do you people think about sentence:
    I have calculated the possibilities.

From my experience it scares some people and I think I know why but I want to hear what others think about it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Can it be that I calculate so much because that is the only way for me to fit into the society at least to some level .
    And I must fit to get some kind of bonus which I need for future progress.
    ^ So that's your question? Only you know the answer. It's possible. I know people who have done that and it isn't good. You need to let the real you come out and STOP THINKING. Maybe you can't do that, but you'd definitely be happier... or maybe you'd feel vulnerable.

And about this:
    I have calculated the possibilities
    It seems a little paradoxical. How can you calculate everything that is going to happen? What about the unknown? Then you are going to have to calculate all over again, and frankly, that's too much effort!

Relax, and enjoy life as it comes

MBTI
    INxJ

I think many rationals do some of what you listed by default.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCat View Post
    ^ So that's your question? Only you know the answer. It's possible. I know people who have done that and it isn't good. You need to let the real you come out and STOP THINKING. Maybe you can't do that, but you'd definitely be happier... or maybe you'd feel vulnerable.

And about this:
    I have calculated the possibilities
    It seems a little paradoxical. How can you calculate everything that is going to happen? What about the unknown? Then you are going to have to calculate all over again, and frankly, that's too much effort!

Relax, and enjoy life as it comes
    I have posted this not because I really want help but because I am interested in comments.

When it comes to stop thinking thing I think that it is impossible. I have spent many night without a sleep just because I could not stop thinking. Righ now my primary goal is to get the high degree in science so I can't stop thinking now and all that knowledge is keeping my brain busy all the time.

It is hard to believe but this is the real me.

Probably the biggest difference between me and many people on this world is that happiness is not one of goals. For me it is all about getting intellectually stronger.
    The core of my problem is that I am satisfied with myself but my compatibility with others is more or less 0.

I live in society which is totally ESP so from perspective of some other culture all of this may not sound so bad.

And as for your counter question.

I don't have that problem because I am Uber introvert and I have years of not talking to anyone behind me. So all great unknowns as feelings of other people are not part of my life and because of that I can plan quite well