User Tag List

12 Last

Default TypologyCentral and Big Data?

with a member count of tens of thousands + a thread count also in the tens of thousands + a post count in the millions, does the TC repository represent a "big data" stash? could interesting things be dragged from this cache of data? can it be? should it be? would visualizations garnered from analysis of this trove of data not be of general internal interest?

Permabanned

indeed, there is value here..supplied by the masses.

even if you mind the fact that here, people posting are generally hyper aware...intelligent...influencers...

the sheer amount of knowledge that has been poured into this site is astonishing. the data from this site, collected and analyzed, would be worth a lot to many a willing buyer.

this site is a good guide to where the larger internet is going.

i feel like, the people who post here...are destined to be important people. you can feel it through their posts. the caliber of posters here is pretty unrivaled in my humble opinion. i might've disagreed with many...but to be honest not once have i felt like the person i'm disagreeing with is especially wrong or stupid. everyone here, it seems, contributes positively. and it's a great thing.

yes, it can be.

yes, it should be.

and yes, i'm thinking many here would be interested in any sort of analysis of their collective selves...

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Yeah, we can glean some good info from this data. There have been stats run on, say, the percentage breakdown of how many claim each types. Here, check it out.

Could also do fancy crap such as average word count per post for each type, if one were so inclined.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    the sheer amount of knowledge that has been poured into this site is astonishing. the data from this site, collected and analyzed, would be worth a lot to many a willing buyer.
    I really think there is a tremendous amount of valuable information here. One of my goals is to try and make it easier to find information - to make all this great content more accessible. It's why we implemented the thread prefixes, why I installed the Sphinx search program and also why I keep trying to automate the tagging of posts.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

so, just what data is actually captured on this site? one assumes there may be some underlying "data model" that explains all?
    Last edited by st-t-toat; 08-21-2014 at 10:32 PM.

other than say the more "explicit" data captured via member posts, member profiles, member administrative data and the like, are the dynamics of the site also captured - data relating more to one's interaction and movement within the interface of the site when logged on, for example?

are there data export mechanisms for pulling (subsets of) data from the site?

who "owns" this site? who "owns" this site's data? who currently has "access" to this site's data? who currently can "authorise" access to this site's data?

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

This is a disturbing line of questioning.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    This is a disturbing line of questioning.
    sorry, not intended to be; just curious; and given the hint there may well be "a tremendous amount of valuable information here" one wonders were this data cache mined and said value released to members would that make visible content impossible via search & tagging alone?