Default Describe the physical characteristics of a druggy

like what does a druggy look like?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I go to a public high school, so plenty of druggies there. Some of them you can't even tell - they're not really skinny but not overweight, they have good skin, healthy hair, their eyes aren't bloodshot or foggy and their teeth aren't yellow or decayed. If they don't wear perfume or cologne, you can definitely smell the smoke.

You could normally tell because some of them hack or wheeze (like if they smoke weed or have complications from snorting crack), have glassy, "dead" eyes, or have really slow movements or are shaky.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There aren't any. I have an addictive personality and so does JTG1984 though I don't do hard drugs anymore (haven't in a decade) and his main addiction was coffee and exercise. We are both probably high functionality alcoholics.

My sister is captivating, sexy and attractive and a complete trainwreck, her empathy level is questionable even towards her own children and so I can't honestly decipher BPD from ASPD, but she was always kind of a rogueish, attractive bully like a sociopath. My dad was the same way and died of drugs in his fifties.

Some "druggies" present very attractively and some are repulsive. I think it's the underlying problem and etc. Edie Sedgwick died of drug overdose and was extremely attractive and vulnerable, probably had BPD and was continually molested as a child. Others live on your street corner and.kill people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Shaved head, dark skin, hoodie and a suspicious, shifty expression.

I have noticed that some women addicted to hard drugs take pride in their appearance. They dress fashionably, look confident, almost as though they have a secret. And they do. They feel great because they have just shot up. Of course underlying this confidence lies the knowledge of what they are doing in socially unacceptable. But they hide this knowledge from themselves by thinking of themselves as superior to the straights.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

depends on the drug i suppose but i used to see homeless meth or heroine addicts a lot around downtown and you could tell a difference..it's sad.

meth heads often loose their teeth, are often really skinny, have stringy hair, bad skin etc and heroine junkies look like zombies...like just sleepwalkers..

coke heads are edgy and fidgety, alcoholics and pill heads (opiates) often have bloated red faces, extra weight (sometimes)

whya asking?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    depends on the drug i suppose but i used to see homeless meth or heroine addicts a lot around downtown and you could tell a difference..it's sad.

meth heads often loose their teeth, are often really skinny, have stringy hair, bad skin etc and heroine junkies look like zombies...like just sleepwalkers..

coke heads are edgy and fidgety, alcoholics and pill heads (opiates) often have bloated red faces, extra weight (sometimes)

whya asking?
    You are describing low function people at the end of the line. The body language of most addicts is much more subtle.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You are describing low function people at the end of the line. The body language of most addicts is much more subtle.
    yeah i know...i'm describing what i've witnessed once physical effects begin to show. i'm aware of the body language of people on most drugs.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I have noticed that some women addicted to hard drugs take pride in their appearance. They dress fashionably, look confident, almost as though they have a secret. And they do. They feel great because they have just shot up. Of course underlying this confidence lies the knowledge of what they are doing in socially unacceptable. But they hide this knowledge from themselves by thinking of themselves as superior to the straights.
    Um no it's usually just because they're histrionic or narcissist. In my sister's case, possibly a full blown sociopath....addicts have different underlying issues and most cocaine addicts don't shoot up.

For some one as old as you are you speak very naively about addiction. Cocaine addicts are notorious for keeping social status, male or female, because it does relatively little brain damage besides cocaine related psychosis and is EXPENSIVE.

People who have underlying issues with wishing to appear successful or socially attractive will do so with or without drugs, and some addicts look like holy hell. It depends on the underlying issues and the drug of choice, but usually it doesn't stem from a feeling of superiority about being high and others not noticing. A friend of mine who uses coke is socially anxious and afraid to.leave the house when he's high. Other people use cocaine to function past a point of normality.

Self medications is generally a symptom, not the pathology itself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    yeah i know...i'm describing what i've witnessed once physical effects begin to show. i'm aware of the body language of people on most drugs.
    The body language is usually subconsciously noticed and is preferred by adult children of addicts.