User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Blow my mind

Default Blow my mind

Blow my mind.

Tell me about the most abstract and deep things you can think of.

Have me question my beliefs to the core.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Not sure if this will blow your mind, but it definitely facinated me a ton when I read about it: Krubera Cave

Map:
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    yupp

if you would tell us your beliefs perhaps someone will be able to challenge them that being sad i probably won't be able to anyways i think of this song when i read the title

In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Blow my mind.

Tell me about the most abstract and deep things you can think of.

Have me question my beliefs to the core.
    OK ygolo, explain these memes if you can:

1. The meaning of any post is its response.

2. Our current environment is invisible.

3. The content of our current environment is our previous environment.

4. We create our tools and our tools create us.

5. Child rearing practices shape our personalities.

6. Child rearing practices have evolved from child sacrifice, abusive child rearing, authoritarian child rearing, to the helping mode of child rearing.

7. As child rearing practices have evolved, so have personalities.

8. The evolution of personality has created psycho-classes.

9. Religious rituals induce trances, and trances within trances, until we have four trances nestled within each other like russian dolls, till we can't tell the difference between imagination and reality, and we either believe the doctrine, or become the god.

10. We become what we worship.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Why do we cover our mouth when we sneeze but not our ass when we fart?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

I wanted to get a list of those old sayings: eg.

<someone> can't see the wood from the trees.

Because I think its very easy to turn these saying into very deep abstract truths, by focusing on the objects within the sayings that aren't conventionally considered as the active context of the saying... I think sayings like these seem so mystical and special because they seem to promise a unfolding lattice of possibility that we subconsciously notice, which is why they are so attractive...

So I'd like to think: another way to cache out of the essence that someone can't see the wood from the trees, is from when the Romans were chopping down all the forests in Europe, some poetically minded person wanted to smuggle in an insight through from those ages (or from comparable period in history), that when people couldn't see the worth of a living forest, just the value of wood that particular trees might provide;- which I know was then used on people for the opposite connotation: that people who were seen as stupid for not being able to intellectually perceive a glaring problem in some present context delivered by some new development;- was chided for not being able to see the wood from the trees.

In this way, I think the central crux and double-edged depth of modernity is expressed in this one saying, if one is equipped to lend it that second covert reading.
    Escape powerful genjitsu by averting your gaze from the eyes.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Nothing has blown my mind more than seeing great feats of nature in person. So sorry I'm not so useful in this department.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Not sure if this will blow your mind, but it definitely facinated me a ton when I read about it: Krubera Cave

Map:
    That's quite amazing. It's a quarter as deep as Mount Everest is high. I imagine there are deeper caves yet to be discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if you would tell us your beliefs perhaps someone will be able to challenge them that being sad i probably won't be able to anyways i think of this song when i read the title

Thanks prpl. I figured someone would post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I wonder if looking at the picture alone would have the same effect. :stares:

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetshumody View Post
    I wanted to get a list of those old sayings: eg.

<someone> can't see the wood from the trees.

Because I think its very easy to turn these saying into very deep abstract truths, by focusing on the objects within the sayings that aren't conventionally considered as the active context of the saying... I think sayings like these seem so mystical and special because they seem to promise a unfolding lattice of possibility that we subconsciously notice, which is why they are so attractive...

So I'd like to think: another way to cache out of the essence that someone can't see the wood from the trees, is from when the Romans were chopping down all the forests in Europe, some poetically minded person wanted to smuggle in an insight through from those ages (or from comparable period in history), that when people couldn't see the worth of a living forest, just the value of wood that particular trees might provide;- which I know was then used on people for the opposite connotation: that people who were seen as stupid for not being able to intellectually perceive a glaring problem in some present context delivered by some new development;- was chided for not being able to see the wood from the trees.

In this way, I think the central crux and double-edged depth of modernity is expressed in this one saying, if one is equipped to lend it that second covert reading.
    That's an interesting second look at the saying. I wonder what a third or fourth look would reveal. Perhaps a protohuman anxiety of being stuck in a jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Nothing has blown my mind more than seeing great feats of nature in person. So sorry I'm not so useful in this department.
    What are some things you have seen in person?

Thanks all. Keep them coming.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    What are some things you have seen in person?

Thanks all. Keep them coming.
    Havasu Falls.

Mooney Falls, the neighbor.

The Catacombs of Paris.

The Grand Canyon, and it's smaller sister in North Carolina the Gorge.

The Deserts of Iraq at 149 degrees. Seeing snow in the desert and the people going bananas because it was the first time in 5 or 7 years that they had seen snow was even cooler. (no pun intended)

Oceans so deep and so far out that there are no land for as long as you could possibly live swimming, and the water is so blue it looks instagrammed.

Jacob's well in my own backyard of Texas.

The Black Forest in Germany, home and inspiration of many of my childhood fables.

Natural Bridge Caverns can easily be added to this list.. I love caverns.

The Jungle in Uganda and the Nile River.

I hope to add a lot of cool nature stuff to my belt next year.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge