User Tag List

123 Last

Default Political Compass Test

The Political Compass

This is a test to see your complete political profile.

I'm a communal anarchist
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
    On the chart below I am below and to the left of the Dalia Lama.

The iconochasms test is interesting to, but it isn't about you, it is about political icons.

Political Compass Test-political-compass-october-2003-gif

From about 4 years ago, but I haven't moved since...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -3.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

That's in the "Left Libertarian" block, but still fairly close to the center of the chart.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -1.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -5.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

left libertarian, a la Ghandi.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

Was in the right-authoritarian block:

Economic Left/Right: 2.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.79

MBTI
    ESFJ

The questions are mostly a bunch of false dilemmas. I decline to take part.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The questions are mostly a bunch of false dilemmas. I decline to take part.
    I found the same when INTPc devoted a thread to one of these. Someone needs to develop a test that transcends "Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others."

MBTI
    INFP

I agree with you nocturne. I thought the test was really, really flawed. So I answered the questions as best I could to get what I knew would be the "correct" result. Here are some of the questions I thought were silly or misleading:

The businessperson and the manufacturer are more important than the writer and the artist. Now since I already know that I am a capitalist/conservative/right-authoritarian/whatever, I figured they wanted me to agree with this nonsense. But in reality, I don't think that way and lots of people like me don't. So I disagreed with it. But by disagreeing, does that equal in a checkmark in the "left" column?

In criminal justice, punishment should be more important than rehabilitation. I think punishment can be a form of rehabilitation, or at least, it should be. That's my idealist nature. I answered a lot of questions based on how it should be and how I ultimately believe the future will be.

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all. There's no such thing as "abstract art that doesn't represent anything". I'm not stupid, I know what they were talking about. But if it represents something to even one person, than it represents something. However, just because something "represents" that doesn't make it art. But that's not what they asked.

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system. That is a significant advantage of a one-party state. It is also a disadvantage, one of many disadvantages. And all of the disadvantages may or may not outweigh that one advantage. But it is an advantage.

Taxpayers should not be expected to prop up any theatres or museums that cannot survive on a commercial basis. Highly annoying question, because it is misrepresentative of the conservative viewpoint. They don't have to be able to survive on a commercial basis. They can be able to survive on a charitable basis. Private charity. But that is not presented as an option, even though it happens to be what conservatives are advocating. Not that museums must be able to turn a profit.

The most important thing for children to learn is to accept discipline. What if I think it's like, the second most important thing (I don't think so linearly anyway, but just suppose)? Then I'd have to disagree. But if I disagree, then my true opinion of discipline will not be reflected.

The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders. Hmm. What if the best way to deliver maximum profits to the shareholders is by inspiring people to want to work for you and work efficiently? By investing in the community so you get support and a better pool of workers? Ultimately, I would say that delivering a profit to the people who own the company is the only social responsibility that matters. But there are ways and there are ways.

People are ultimately divided more by class than by nationality. People where? In any particular nation, or in the whole world? People in Burkina Faso are economically disadvantaged compared to people in California. But their culture perhaps has a lot to do with it.

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations. The very first question and I was instantly annoyed. Trans-national corporations are part of humanity. They are structures created by humanity to better serve....that same humanity. I assume by humanity they mean some leftist notion of "the masses"?