User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think skinny jeans are a good thing?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're good for everyone

    8 50.00%
  • Maybe for women

    6 37.50%
  • Nobody. Not even the sexually confused.

    2 12.50%
First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Skinny jeans.

  1. #41
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    The best answer here revolves around the differences between body types. As someone who has very skinny calves, they work ok for me. Plus I love them with boots.

    That said, I wonder if you just didn't get a good skinny cut for your body type. There's quite a lot of skinny jean variation from one brand to the other. And if you found that pair as tight as you say, I wonder if you simply needed the next size up.

    Plus, get the ones with a bit of lycra or spandex blend. Much more comfy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I am at a university and it is a lot more varied.

    Probably because I studying Music and English, I will have ended up with a lot of IxFx types. And no, they're not all gay, and are probably quite nice people mostly. But they're just one group. Not "everyone" dresses that way.
    Worth noting that you and @Noll are in different countries. Could make a difference.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Worth noting that you and @Noll are in different countries. Could make a difference.
    Yeah, Sweden is metrosexual heaven.

  3. #43
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I like them a lot -- then again I'm biased, because almost every pair of jeans I own is skinny. I think I look pretty great in them.
    I despise skinny jeans, but then I dislike any clothing that is at all clingy, tight, or constraining. I don't wear leggings, tights, or very clingy/stretchy tops either.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  4. #44
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post



    Worth noting that you and @Noll are in different countries. Could make a difference.
    He doesn't live in Mongolia. I am unconvinced that this is a cultural difference; I blame the secondary school environment. Boys are put under all sorts of pressure to conform to set stereotypes regarding dress and appearance generally. If enough people dress in a metro way, a kid who doesn't will be "uncool" and that leads to bullying. University, as Noll will discover, is a bit different. You can dress pretty much however you like, but are expected to conform ideologically and punished if you don't.

    Anyway, this doesn't detract from the reality that skinny jeans are even worse than bicycle seats for punishing your sack. Maybe it's a feedback loop; wearing skinny jeans lowers T and the guy then starts saying "fabulous" and "darling", gets a metro haircut, uses cosmetics...etc...

    P.S. Why has my poll been altered? WTF...

  5. #45
    Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni
    Posts
    591

    Default

    The only type of jeans I wear is skinny jeans, because I think I have nice legs, so I have to show them off. Wide pants also make me look so tiny for some reason. As for women with less good legs and men... oh well, at least you don't have to guess whether they have a good ass or not.
    Ewww is the new sexy


    Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

    And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si


  6. #46
    Senior Member Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    God, skinny jeans were not meant for guys. I don't need to see a guy whose pants are hugging his junk. The secret to good clothes, in my opinion, is fit. You don't just stick a person who is a size medium into clothes that are extra-large when they're supposed to be slim-fitting, or into a small size outfit that's meant to be loose.

    On a dude who's towards the lanky side, I think straight/ruler cut jeans look nice because it shows they have long, thin legs without over-accentuating it, but they don't look drowned out in fabric either.

    I'm a girl, and quite frankly, I don't like my clothes to be sticking to me. I enjoy leggings because they're super comfortable, but I make sure I'm covered up where I need to be with a longer cardigan and they're not made of that crap where you can see bare skin between the stitches.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    God, skinny jeans were not meant for guys.
    Clearly, you haven't seen this little number.


  8. #48
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    He doesn't live in Mongolia. I am unconvinced that this is a cultural difference; I blame the secondary school environment. Boys are put under all sorts of pressure to conform to set stereotypes regarding dress and appearance generally. If enough people dress in a metro way, a kid who doesn't will be "uncool" and that leads to bullying. University, as Noll will discover, is a bit different. You can dress pretty much however you like, but are expected to conform ideologically and punished if you don't.
    Do you think that the entire Western world dresses the same, and will always dress the same? Following the same trend path? I think you will find that there are things that have long been fashionable in one Western country, that will never be acceptable elsewhere. For example, one thing I noticed about Germany when I visited there, is that older women frequently dye their hair bright and unnatural colors. Which I thought was fun and interesting -- but would not be acceptable at all in your average American city, where it would be seen as "too young".

    Regarding skinny jeans -- their appeal will depend greatly based on the general style of the region. Where I'm from, the Rocky Mountains in the US, was not super friendly to it, but there was a small subset of young adults who hopped onto the bandwagon. By contrast, @Noll mentioned that everyone where he is will wear skinny jeans because Sweden is "metrosexual heaven".

    I don't know about New Zealand, but in the US there's a VERY large percentage of people who will reject fashion that they see as "too European", because they see it as too effeminate. American men generally don't follow men's fashion trends unless they mesh with their masculine self-image. I think it would take a LOT of re-branding to make skinny jeans acceptable for the average American man.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #49

    Default

    I can't wear them. Male camel toe. Plus, I'm not a toothpick thin 20 year old hipster.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Do you think that the entire Western world dresses the same, and will always dress the same? Following the same trend path? I think you will find that there are things that have long been fashionable in one Western country, that will never be acceptable elsewhere. For example, one thing I noticed about Germany when I visited there, is that older women frequently dye their hair bright and unnatural colors. Which I thought was fun and interesting -- but would not be acceptable at all in your average American city, where it would be seen as "too young".

    Regarding skinny jeans -- their appeal will depend greatly based on the general style of the region. Where I'm from, the Rocky Mountains in the US, was not super friendly to it, but there was a small subset of young adults who hopped onto the bandwagon. By contrast, @Noll mentioned that everyone where he is will wear skinny jeans because Sweden is "metrosexual heaven".

    I don't know about New Zealand, but in the US there's a VERY large percentage of people who will reject fashion that they see as "too European", because they see it as too effeminate. American men generally don't follow men's fashion trends unless they mesh with their masculine self-image. I think it would take a LOT of re-branding to make skinny jeans acceptable for the average American man.
    I think European men at least wear better suits than American men. Theirs are better fitted. Ours look goofy and make us look like little boys who got into their dads' closets.

Similar Threads

  1. skinny guy at the gym
    By run in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
  2. Skinny Jeans vs. Baggy Jeans
    By nomadic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 07:31 AM
  3. The Skinny Supermodel Gene
    By Usehername in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 04:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO