User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think skinny jeans are a good thing?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're good for everyone

8 50.00%
  • Maybe for women

6 37.50%
  • Nobody. Not even the sexually confused.

2 12.50%
First 12345 Last

Thread: Skinny jeans.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I prefer them because I like to wear boots. That's sort of a function.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

What type of jeans would you prefer I wear?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    What type of jeans would you prefer I wear?
    nun
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Wait, what?

You mean you bought a plainly non-functional, "trendy" item of clothing that you think ugly and stupid, then complain about how non-functional it is, and heap scorn on all others who buy them for being desperate to be trendy?

Heaping scorn ???

He tried something...found it worked against him and now is sharing his opinion and asking others "why?". This is a very common type of discussion/conversation that people engage in daily all over the world on a variety of topics. " heaping scorn" wow.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Love skinny jeans. Finally pants that fit my lanky frame perfectly. They're all I wear, & they're super comfortable/not constricting.
    I hate dresses/skirts.

Skinny jeans are fine on men, too. Just gotta find ones that fit properly, that's all.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Wait, what?

You mean you bought a plainly non-functional, "trendy" item of clothing that you think ugly and stupid, then complain about how non-functional it is, and heap scorn on all others who buy them for being desperate to be trendy?

As I am not just skin and bones, I found it very uncomfortable wearing slim fit jeans, and it was very painful for me sitting down in them. It is hard to tell what clothes will be like until you try them on. I sent them back and got a replacement with a classic fit pair though, so no harm done.

As a general rule, I am open to trying new things and never wear the same colour of clothes on consecutive days (with the exception of shoes and jackets, of course). I am also torn between my desire to fit in and be valued by other people my age, and my dislike and suspicion of social conformity. I want to maintain independence from other people.

I chose those jeans because I wanted to vary what I wear, not because I have a desire to be "trendy".

They actually look very nice esp on slender women. On men too they look good but only if they are extra slim.

Gay pants they are called here.

Then again 15 years ago slim fit shirts were also called gay shirts. Now everyone wears them.

So i wouldn't be surprised if it gets popular among young males here in a couple of years.

Gay men set the trends where i come from.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    As I am not just skin and bones, I found it very uncomfortable wearing slim fit jeans, and it was very painful for me sitting down in them. It is hard to tell what clothes will be like until you try them on. I sent them back and got a replacement with a classic fit pair though, so no harm done.

As a general rule, I am open to trying new things and never wear the same colour of clothes on consecutive days (with the exception of shoes and jackets, of course). I am also torn between my desire to fit in and be valued by other people my age, and my dislike and suspicion of social conformity. I want to maintain independence from other people.

I chose those jeans because I wanted to vary what I wear, not because I have a desire to be "trendy".
    Whatever floats your boat!

Though I'm obligated to mention that if your skinny jeans were painful to wear, then not only did they fit incorrectly, but they didn't have enough stretch. This, again, coming from someone who owns quite a few pairs that fit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    They actually look very nice esp on slender women. On men too they look good but only if they are extra slim.

Gay pants they are called here.

Then again 15 years ago slim fit shirts were also called gay shirts. Now everyone wears them.

So i wouldn't be surprised if it gets popular among young males here in a couple of years.

Gay men set the trends where i come from.
    That's interesting. Just about everywhere else I've traveled besides North America -- Europe, the Middle East -- guys of all sexual orientations wore clothes that I would have associated with gay men in America. My gaydar stopped working completely.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That's interesting. Just about everywhere else I've traveled besides North America -- Europe, the Middle East -- guys of all sexual orientations wore clothes that I would have associated with gay men in America. My gaydar stopped working completely.

Like i said give us a few years and the heteros will start wearing gay jeans too.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I guess at that point you'd have to find a new name for them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft