User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think skinny jeans are a good thing?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're good for everyone

8 50.00%
  • Maybe for women

6 37.50%
  • Nobody. Not even the sexually confused.

2 12.50%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Skinny jeans.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I like them a lot -- then again I'm biased, because almost every pair of jeans I own is skinny. I think I look pretty great in them.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Unless it is damaging to the body in some way I am usually in the don't care group with clothes. Though I will say some things look dumb, but that is just my take on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I like them a lot -- then again I'm biased, because almost every pair of jeans I own is skinny. I think I look pretty great in them.
    People tend to be biased that way.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Someone could be wearing pants completely constructed of radioactive bilingual wasps and I still would not be the least bit interested in what they chose to cover their lower halves with so long as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
    Someone could be wearing pants completely constructed of radioactive bilingual wasps and I still would not be the least bit interested in what they choose to cover their lower halves with so long as they did.
    Really? I would be "Hey dipshit, those sting"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm trying to care about this but I just can't.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

One of my sons looks decent in them, but he's the one who can wear trends and look cool. I do have a pair of black tapered jeans like that, but I usually wear boots with them (as if they were tights/stretch pants) because I think it looks stupid to have skinny legs down to the ankle and then sneakers that pop out like clown feet.

Otherwise... who cares? I've suffered through enough stupid fads, and they all come and go, and they will continue to come and go. There's not typically a lot of logic behind them.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Oh my god...fashion....not being...functional??? WHO DARE EVEN THINK OF THIS???????

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Same - I have a pair of maroon skinnies. I call them my "date pants" cus I can always get laid after a date with them on.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

My son and I both wear them...no, not the same pairs since he's 10" taller.

He's built like a male model so there's no restriction when wearing skinny jeans since he doesn't wear them skin tight.

My comfort trick is buying the lycra blend jeans.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    The most stupid and ubiquitous item of clothing around:

I have never understood the purpose of these jeans and what reason anyone would want to wear them, apart from the item being "cool" and "trendy". As a man, I've tried a pair that fit my waist and leg length before, but found my mobility impaired due to actually having some muscle in my thighs. Also, whenever I sat down, I felt my balls being pushed right up against my body, which is effing painful. If that wasn't enough, they don't have big enough pockets for me to put my wallet in, so I had to wear a money-belt. At home!

If you are, actually, a man, then these jeans are simply nonfunctional because of the way that they are tailored.

As far as women go, I can understand it a lot more from a body-shape perspective, and there aren't obstructions in the groin region. Aesthetically however, I would question why the girls who are so keen to show their legs just don't wear a shorter dress as opposed to those ugly "cut" jeans, but it's probably the same reason, trying to be "'trendy", as well as possibly as a way of rebellion. Women will have more to say about this however.
    Wait, what?

You mean you bought a plainly non-functional, "trendy" item of clothing that you think ugly and stupid, then complain about how non-functional it is, and heap scorn on all others who buy them for being desperate to be trendy?

INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    yupp

I don't have an opinion on skinny jeans, but I am mesmerized by the clothing worn in weird al's vid tacky. I keep rewatching it, the outfits are suppose to be tacky and hideous, I assume but i just like them
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so