Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    We can't be sure. But even if this is a virtual reality, nothing changes the fact it's real for us and we have to live it one way or another, so it doesn't really matter what kind of reality this is
    This.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Who cares and what does it matter?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Why do we pleasure ourselves?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Who cares and what does it matter

Good heavens, Hive. This very attitude is what led to the tragic end of our flightless friend, the dodo.

An animal that would not be out of place alongside the cranes in your own avatar.

The Dodo used to walk around,
    And take the sun and air.
    The sun yet warms his native ground –
    The Dodo is not there!

The voice which used to squawk and squeak
    Is now for ever dumb –
    Yet may you see his bones and beak
    All in the Mu-se-um.

Who cares and what does it matter

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

You awake from your sleep and a floating piece of toast mumbles something incoherent.

As you cross the room a man appears and drifts towards the toast, he eats it. He also mumbles something incomprehensible. He has a name tag on it read "Des C Es" you move closer and ask him what the middle name is.
    He mutters "Cart" or something that sounds like it. Then a giant vagina in the desert eats him, oh and it's a desert now.

A man in a white robe wanders past, dehydrated and starving, his bedraggled beard drooping towards his navel. As his sandals drag on the dunes, they disturb the sand revealing the top of something white. A tune plays....it's tinny and distant at first.

Then the dune shifts to produce a van, it has a cornetto on the side. A dapper man with a small triangular beard is sitting in the seat. He beckons to the man in the robe. The robed man stumbles over, small wafers cascading from his pockets.

The dapper man proffers him a 99 flake. The man in the robe reaches out and hesitates....but then takes it. Triangle beard goes "Mwahahaha" but in a bored, sarcastic way, as if he has done this many times before.

Now it's a supermarket and as you look around every product on the shelves is you trapped in a box.....so very painful. You see an ex, but she/he keeps putting your box back.

Then you wake up and you log onto a website. Your username stares back at you...it is, thxflzuckbablyeiudpdipofsaejfweoij, a clown who looks like William Wallace playing an australian stands at the head of the site, with a jester's hat on.

And then you wake up.

And wake up

wake up

wake.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I can't really be sure of anything except the existence of my thoughts, feelings and senses. I can't be 100% certain about any other thing.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

The use of who knows how many resources to create such a dull, not to mention limited, reality would only further confirm to me the idea that stupidity is not finite. There is low, there is lower, there is lowest, then there is human.

Yet, there also exists the possibility that this possibly virtual reality is created using a toaster oven, three shoe horns, and some packing peanuts, by which I also would not be surprised at all considering all that which it lacks.

Either way, 2/10 would not recommend, my fever induced hallucinations greatly surpass this possibly virtual reality.

The question would be, why would anyone want to put people who don't matter within the larger scheme of things(so, most everyone, especially those who frequent 4chan) into a virtual reality? Why not just kill them(assuming the goal is to remove them from actual reality, assuming there is a goal, assuming actual reality is intact/exists. Assuming too much perhaps and not enough.)? It would certainly be more efficient.

Of course, it could also be that this perhaps virtual reality manipulates the individual into thinking they are merely a civilian/cog and whatnot and the goal is not to remove them but to extract information in which case there does exist a method commonly referred to as torture or interrogation. No one possess so much integrity or loyalty as to refuse to speak while under excruciating pain.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Desiderium View Post
    The question would be, why would anyone want to put people who don't matter within the larger scheme of things(so, most everyone, especially those who frequent 4chan) into a virtual reality? Why not just kill them(assuming the goal is to remove them from actual reality, assuming there is a goal, assuming actual reality is intact/exists. Assuming too much perhaps and not enough.)? It would certainly be more efficient.
    To use them as batteries.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    My philosophy is that because you cant prove that you arent in matrix, you cant really prove anything(no i dont believe that i am in matrix, but its something i cant disprove either)
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    My philosophy is that because you cant prove that you arent in matrix, you cant really prove anything(no i dont believe that i am in matrix, but its something i cant disprove either)
    How does this philosophy affect your life?