User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I could see that he might've gotten crazier since joining the forum, though maybe he just got (way) more comfortable with expressing the craziness that was already there.

Internet is a convenient place to lose it.
    so are banquet halls of cultish buildings
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Actually I take that back, its my family who are losers, and then I see this behavior mimicked on the forum and my problems are exasperated.

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

One of the metaphors I've used to describe how I see typologycentral's group culture is a low-to-moderate-security mental ward where the patients (or their issues, more accurately) define what is and isn't reasonable human interaction between members. It creates a sort of funhouse-mirror feel to "reality" on this site a lot of time, to my perception. So IMO, a certain amount of psychological unwellness is simply built into the group/interactional culture of this site. If that is accurate, then it might make sense that participation here might encourage people to become more unwell just by being in a group culture that's skewed in that direction to begin with.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post
    One of the metaphors I've used to describe how I see typologycentral's group culture is a low-to-moderate-security mental ward where the patients (or their issues, more accurately) define what is and isn't reasonable human interaction between members. It creates a sort of funhouse-mirror feel to "reality" on this site a lot of time, to my perception. So IMO, a certain amount of psychological unwellness is simply built into the group/interactional culture of this site. If that is accurate, then it might make sense that participation here might encourage people to become more unwell just by being in a group culture that's skewed in that direction to begin with.
    this makes sense
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Werebudgie View Post

I never really thought of this place as a psyche ward... if I didn't know any better, I'd think you're self-projecting
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

I want my account deleted
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this makes sense
    Glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    I never really thought of this place as a psyche ward... if I didn't know any better, I'd think you're self-projecting
    [ Off topic ]:
    1. Crazy Train! Cool song, and I'll always remember the Stewart/Colbert humorous rally with the "duel" between Osbourne doing Crazy Train and Cat Stevens doing Peace Train and then the O'Jays coming on at the end to do Love Train. Awesome.
    [ /Off-topic ]

2. Re: Self-projecting banana part of the comment ... hahahahaha! I know, right? That must be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    [...] maybe he just got (way) more comfortable with expressing the craziness that was already there.
    That is what I think.

Permabanned

in retrospect this will make more sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    a constant sensation of "why was everyone lying to me the whole time."?
    my last 6 years, it was basically this.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I find it more of a curve - and for my part, a necessary one.

Speaking from my own experience, this forum allowed me to go bat shit when I got here coz it serves as the 'safe' sounding board one needs to flex your muscles and find out what you're capable of that irl often doesn't allow for due to the severe consequences it could have.

So sure, they get here, find their footing, seem sane, experience the liberating freedom of expressing what you have pent up for god knows how long and eventually after a lot of struggling, fighting, raging against the machine start easing into things and finding a way to live life that doesn't make them wanna kill everything in sight. This can take a few years though and not all of em stick around long enough for it to be visible on here
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I know someone who had BPD, and he had periods of intense religiosity despite not being that religious in his upbringing, or even normally. He would go through periods where he suddenly decided religion was really important, where the rest of the time he couldn't care less. Apparently, talking to family members of his about it, he evidently genuinely believed in this grandiose stuff about how he was a prophet of God.

I'm going to do something very unheard of for an INTP, and conclude that this is perhaps how religions get started in the first place. (Maybe not, though... it depends on if you think they are tapping into something that is actually there.)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78