User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default If you experienced an alien abduction…

...Would you tell anyone?

You have no empirical evidence to back up your story, but you know with one hundred percent certainty what happened to you.

So would you tell anyone? Or keep it to yourself?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Would definitely tell people. Definitely.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

100% certainty, eh? Well, let me kick my brain to the curb on that one for a moment . . .

I'd say nothing. As usual. Game-changing events (as I call them) pretty much stay in the vault. Locked.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Would definitely tell people. Definitely.
    Is it something you would talk about publicly? Or just tell close friends/family?

How do you think your close friends/family would react to something like that? Would they all believe you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Game-changing events (as I call them) pretty much stay in the vault. Locked.
    Interesting. Why's that?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i wonder if i would doubt my sanity too. what if i became so traumatized that i was turned catatonic. or it could be this super profound spiritual thing and i'd be inclined to write a book and hold seminars.

i guess my answer depends upon the experience. but...i'd like to think i'd be able to share it yes.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    Is it something you would talk about publicly? Or just tell close friends/family?

How do you think your close friends/family would react to something like that? Would they all believe you?
    I'd tell close friends and family for sure, but might share it with people outside of my circle if the subject came up. I'm all about sharing personal experiences if I feel they can contribute in any way to empowering other people who may have had a similar experience to share it or feel less alone. I don't think I'd go around yelling my story from mountain tops or even trying to convince others that it really happened. Whatever. I had this experience. That's enough for me.

I'm sure some people would think I was crazy. I also think people who know me well would know that I'm not really one to make up stories or jump to crazy conclusions, so I think that would give me some credibility. Like I said though, I don't think I'd be too worried about convincing anyone.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by RedruM View Post
    Interesting. Why's that?
    I've been through a lot of game-changers. You never look at the world the same. Ever. That's highly personal, no?
    Some of those game-changers might just end up in novels. It's "fiction," after all. Right? Or . . . is it?

Enneagram
    9w8

I'd right it as a science fiction story and sell it. People would ask me if it really happened and I'd say, "yeah, just not the way I wrote it or to the people I wrote about." And the more I denied it, the more they would swear that it was true, and so my story would be told and no one would question my sanity because the shroud of mystery would remain.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'd lock it away, eventually convince myself it was something else, and keep it in a tiny box in my head in doubts, and see a therapist for years about it until it diminished into the darkness.

My father and mother would believe me.. but anyone else in my family would question my sanity, even if I've given no doubt to them of my sanity prior to this. All of my friends would abandon me. And I'm fairly sure anyone close to me in my life. It would not be advantageous for my survival for me to tell anyone about that. I might seek support in anonymous forums of people who feel that has happened to them for a while, but eventually I'd convince myself it was wrong, and that I was wrong in what I saw despite my certainty.

Eventually, when I feel I've been righted about it, and changed it in my head to something else, I'd write about it..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Maybe at a secret Abductees Anonymous reunion or something. I'd manage to get it out of my chest without ruining my credibility.