User Tag List

First 12

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I've been through a lot of game-changers. You never look at the world the same. Ever. That's highly personal, no?
    There are some game changers I've experienced that I would never tell anyone about, true.

Some of those game-changers might just end up in novels. It's "fiction," after all. Right? Or . . . is it?
    I have a habit of hiding my most deepest hidden truths in plain sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Maybe at a secret Abductees Anonymous reunion or something. I'd manage to get it out of my chest without ruining my credibility.
    That's a smart way to go about it.

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I'd be afraid that people would try to have me committed, so if I probably wouldn't be inclined to tell anybody about it. If the pressure became too much, I might tell people and play it off as if I'm joking. That way I'd have the satisfaction of getting the story off my chest without anyone questioning my sanity.

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I would write a "fiction" story about it, and would probably communicate with others who claimed to have a similar experience. I wouldn't tell anyone close to me that I actually was abducted because I know they would worry about my mental health.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I dont think alien abduction is a possibility. Even if there are aliens out there. The very thought of them abducting people and then releasing them again is far too counter intuitive for me to believe in. I think it is infinitaly more likely I dont have a chance of ever telling someone when I am abducted by aliens...

Looking at it from a more realistic perspective. If I simply 'encountered' aliens - beyond a shadow of a doubt (unlikely but lets assume), I would keep it to myself.

I once for a minute or so thought I saw a UFO (Or at least saw something I could not readily explain). Turned out to be a small light reflecting off two seperate surfaces before hitting the glass I was looking through. The movements of the light seemed very artificial and unnatural, but it was just the wind and reflections. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I dont think alien abduction is a possibility. Even if there are aliens out there. The very thought of them abducting people and then releasing them again is far too counter intuitive for me to believe in. I think it is infinitaly more likely I dont have a chance of ever telling someone when I am abducted by aliens...
    That's just the kind of thing I'd expect an alien to tell us.

Looking at it from a more realistic perspective. If I simply 'encountered' aliens - beyond a shadow of a doubt (unlikely but lets assume), I would keep it to myself.

I once for a minute or so thought I saw a UFO (Or at least saw something I could not readily explain). Turned out to be a small light reflecting off two seperate surfaces before hitting the glass I was looking through. The movements of the light seemed very artificial and unnatural, but it was just the wind and reflections. :P
    There's definitely some stuff that feels out of the ordinary but still might end up not being. So it makes it harder to want to toss out something that you're not sure if it was what you thought it was.

---

It depends on what the experience was, for me. I think "spiritual experiences" can be rather similar. But it can also apply to ghosts and the paranormal, etc.

What I've actually found is that I trust people's experiences more when it unsettles them enough that they are careful/cautious in talking about it. It's like touching something that profound is highly personal and so far out of the box that to put it front of another person is usually something done more carefully than just splashing it everywhere and making a huge deal out of it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

What I've actually found is that I trust people's experiences more when it unsettles them enough that they are careful/cautious in talking about it. It's like touching something that profound is highly personal and so far out of the box that to put it front of another person is usually something done more carefully than just splashing it everywhere and making a huge deal out of it.

Interesting. I respond to people who are careful/cautious by believing that they believe whatever experience they have experienced is of significant value within the confines of their own perspectives. But I am not likely to shift my own perspective towards theirs without any tangible evidence, and I would never see someone elses experiences as tangible evidence by default. Perhaps it is a bit lack of Fe.

Or perhaps my ability to hide my thoughts in such cases out of respect for someone elses believes without having to conform to said believes is just a different form of Fe (or just me being scared of confrontation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's just the kind of thing I'd expect an alien to tell us.
    Of course you do, because it is a very logical assumption. And when it comes to beliefs, logical assumptions are often painted as the work of the devil. (Or in a less heavy tone, logical assumptions tend to take the magic out of the story. And everyone likes a bit of magic.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'd seriously consider sharing any hypothetical abduction details were an ET craft to land on the White House lawn, but short of said "contact" occurring I'd never tell anybody & likely rationalize that I was likely drugged or need to have my head examined.