User Tag List

MBTI
    GONE

Default SoCal Earth Quake - Tues 7-29-08 - Everyone all right??

Hey folks, I'm a philistine and don't keep up with the news. I just found out there was a (big?) earthquake in LA today.

So is everyone okay?

I think I saw a picture of a freeway over pass that broke in half and it kinda freaked me out.

I was going to PM people..which I still might, but I also don't know all members who live in SoCal (and there are a bunch!)

And yes, remember I'm from CA, I've been in (and slept through) earthquakes and tremors of varying degrees, including the 'big' one back in the 90s.

So just let us know you're okay and mebbe what it was like...Earthquake Stories -- the things that bond Californians!*

*Some members I know are okay because you've already posted a few times today LOL
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

It was a good sized jolt. I work in a building that's less than 2 years old so on one hand I knew there were quite a few safety measures designed for earthquake preparedness. On the other hand, that's all a buncha promises on paper. Until you find some way to psyically shake a completed bldg, you don't know what's gonna happen.

Some people evacuated after it happened but a lot didn't. I kinda chilled for 15-20 min then went back in to work. Fun times.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm perfectly fine, but I live in LA the state.

MBTI
    INFP

You guys have weird ground.

It was a decent size, but it wasn't a huge one. That broken overpass you saw is footage from the 1994 Northridge quake. This one had no injuries and very little damage except for things getting knocked of shelves at stores.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    enfp

it was weak sauce!

lol

MBTI
    istp

nobody tells me anything