User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you report to the police if you were bitten by a dog?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's not the dog's fault.

0 0%
  • No, it would mean the dog would be put down (typically with larger breed)

0 0%
  • Yes, only if the injury is major and needed medical care.

4 80.00%
  • Yes, no matter how insignificant the injury is.

1 20.00%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Have you ever been attacked by a dog?

I was walking down a busy street earlier today when I felt something strong tug on the hem of my jeans. As I turned my head to look down, there was a little mixed breed poodle with his jaw clamped and tugging on my jeans. My first reaction was to laugh, which I didn't expect myself to do, even if the dog meant business. It might have been due to it smelling "other dog" on me. I had noticed the dog before when it stopped on the street curb to take a piss break. Little did I know, it would go for my legs without warning, I would at least expect a pre-bark. Not surprisingly, it's the small dogs that have the biggest egos. It's a good thing I'm one of those strange people that don't like to wear shorts. If I hadn't, who knows what may have happened.

If a dog were to bite you, would you report it?

For myself, being an animal lover and all, I probably wouldn't if it's a minor injury.

I have. I was about 13 years old. A kid I knew had a German Shepard that lunged at me one day. I stuck out my right hand to defend myself and the dog bit my hand.

It wasn't bad, it barely broke the skin, but it hurt a lot at the time. Every once in a while you can faintly see the scar on the top of my hand.

The guy apologized profusely and being that I was a young teenager who wouldn't know who the hell to report it to I never reported it.

If some random dog attacked me in public I'd definitely report it. I'd feel bad about my report potentially leading to a dog's destruction but I'd feel worse if I didn't report a dog that injured someone more severely later.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I have been attacked by dogs twice. Dogs seem to hate me, especially the deranged ones, which is fine since im just waiting for the moment to put one out of its misery. Once i got attacked by a quite big rottweiler and once by two german shepherds.

Rottweiler was loose and got territory or something and suddenly jumped on me when i wanted to pet her. Teeths only barely got to touch me and i didnt get hurt since i have quite fast reflexes. Also because non trained dogs are retards when attacking and only try to bite whats closest, so i was able to dodge her many times before owners came. I didnt report it, but i told(yelled at) the owners that if i see the dog loose again, ill call the cops or kill it.

With the german shephards they walked toards me with their owner on a small path and the drunken owners pretty much wanted them to bite me and just let the dogs closer laughing when i tried to back off. One bit me on my knee, but again i was able to pull it off before it hurt badly. Luckily(?) i didnt remember that my friend had a knife on him, because the dogs would had ended up dead and owners i would had stabbed on the knee(where the dog bit) if they wouldnt run fast enough.

I rather handle this sort of stuff on my own rather than reporting it to police..

Ps. I would had kicked that poodle so hard that it would never attack anyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I'd feel bad about my report potentially leading to a dog's destruction but I'd feel worse if I didn't report a dog that injured someone more severely later.
    The dog is already destroyed by its owners if it attacks people randomly. Its better for everyone(who matters) if the dog stops existing..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My dog of 15 years was torn to shreds by two Rottweiler dogs. When we reported it to the police the owners left the state rather than put their dogs down.

I've been chased by a pack of dogs in Africa once but never bitten. I was once bitten at a friend of a friend's house, if I'd not been drugged up at the time I would have punched that dog in the face.

I love dogs so much... but they're still dogs. Parents suffer the consequences of bad and ill controlled children. Dogs are no different really. If you can't control your family member I don't have much sympathy for you. I sympathize with dogs that were bothered by children and tortured by adults and snap at people. With training almost all dogs can re learn what they need to behave. But even Cesar Milan acknowledges there are some that have issues they cannot fix.

If your dog hurts me or my family unprovoked and you're not proactive about giving me information and compensation, I'm calling the cops. Period.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    I was walking down a busy street earlier today when I felt something strong tug on the hem of my jeans. As I turned my head to look down, there was a little mixed breed poodle with his jaw clamped and tugging on my jeans. My first reaction was to laugh, which I didn't expect myself to do, even if the dog meant business. It might have been due to it smelling "other dog" on me. I had noticed the dog before when it stopped on the street curb to take a piss break. Little did I know, it would go for my legs without warning, I would at least expect a pre-bark. Not surprisingly, it's the small dogs that have the biggest egos. It's a good thing I'm one of those strange people that don't like to wear shorts. If I hadn't, who knows what may have happened.

If a dog were to bite you, would you report it?

For myself, being an animal lover and all, I probably wouldn't if it's a minor injury.
    I've only been bitten twice.
    Both were by smaller dogs.
    Both seemed shocked that they actually bit me, after the fact, which was marginally amusing.
    They broke skin, but not much else.
    They just are all high-strung and lash out, then are like... "oops."

The first dog, I was jogging in the middle of nowhere at night, he came charging out and happened to bite me on the ankle, but as I said I think it was an accident. He stopped. I stopped and was mad and kicked him. he ran off. I jogged home and cleaned up the abrasion.

The other dog was just all wound up and hyper and running around on all the furniture and just accidentally ended up grabbing me, then freaked and backed off.

----

I grew up around dogs (larger ones, like labs), and they usually have never bothered me, even when they bark at me. I can just kind of "hear" whether they want to actually hurt me, or whether they're excited, or whatever the deal is. I just kind of know how to move, when to hold out a hand to sniff, etc., so that they will accept me.

Only a few dogs have ever scared me, and those are the bastards that sneak up without making a sound, especially the larger ones. I ran into a group of them a few weekends ago while hiking on some back roads. There was a high fence around the property (warning sign 1) and I saw them, thank goodness... but they came tearing across the yard (three of them) and ran up to the fence without making a sound... and once they saw they couldn't get at me, they started snapping and barking and making a hell of a racket. I like animals in general, but that's one thing that really pisses me off; they were just a few feet from me, blocked by the wire fence, and following me every step of the way until they couldn't go further (and then they just turned around and left), barking loudly enough my head was pounding. Like I said, I like animals; but if I had been packing...? I mean, those bastards actually wanted to lay into me, by all the cues I was getting, if they had been able to get through the fence, and they would have killed me (three of them, and probably 60-80lbs apiece), and I wasn't doing anything to them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

depends, this guy got bitten at the dog park and he asked the owner about the dogs shots, to make sure the dog was up on to date on rabies. the guy refused to answer so he called the cops. THe dog broke the guys skin, but I've never been bitten by a dog. dogs and cats tend to like me or at least be indifferent to me, never met a dog that hated me or felt threatened by me. my room mate's dog doesn't listen to people and will bark at you the first few times he meets you, but he was listening to me on the 3rd day of living here and first day I moved in he didn't bark and actually cuddled with me.

I guess if it seems like the dog bit me over excitement i wouldn't call the cops. but if the dog was actually agressive and had a history of biting people I would.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so