User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default Looks or brains?

If you had a child that was going to grow up to be one of these two extremes, which one would you choose?

Would you rather have your child grow up to be (what you would subjectively consider) extremely intelligent, but extremely ugly? Or would you rather have your child grow up to be extremely good-looking, but extremely un-intelligent?

Would the sex of your child play a role in your decision? What would you choose if you had a male child? And what would you choose if you had a female?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

brains regardless of sex. no contest.

looks can lead one down a path of valuing superficial beauty, charm, sexual desirability more than i believe is right to do. almost inevitably so. i'm not saying i was born beautiful, but whatever level of physical beauty i've been given, i have vacillated between holding in too high of esteem and rejecting completely. it's distracting from the things that really matter.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    isfj

Tough one. Knee-jerk reaction was looks, because ignorance is bliss. The kid's easier on the eyes at least. But a smart kid could fix the problem, and a lot of other problems too. The other one could end up being a dead weight. Sex doesn't matter.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Brains, as I don't want them giving me grandchildren on their 14s or something.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso

I'd have to evaluate them a bit more. Do they have a knack for acting or singing? If so, I hope they are good-looking because their ability to function in these fields depends on it. This is very rare, however, even for good-looking people

I'd 95% of the time go for brains, unless, as stated, the child had an uncanny ability for song, acting, or something in which their skin is their meal ticket.

This is a terrible sort of question, and yet I feel compelled to answer. Brains, naturally. Regardless of how my child identifies, their intelligence would be an invaluable asset. Besides, they could change their appearance- we have the technology. But really, how cruel a question to begin with.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPage View Post
    This is a terrible sort of question...
    ...But really, how cruel a question to begin with.
    Cry me a river.

I don't want anything to do with complainers like you. How about you just stay out of my threads since they offend your delicate sensibilities so much.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Too cruel a question for me, sorry.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

can i have the third option of personality? i mean if they're not very nice to look at or intellectually gifted can they just be really fun to be with?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3/8 so
    Socionics
    ILE

An intelligent child is more likely to provide me with a comfortable retirement. I can just put a bag on their head or something.