User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/3
    Socionics

Default Why is isfp sooo popular?

*notice I use 'is' cuz I only know 1 who confessed to be an isfp*
    okayy so this isfp I know at school, umm okay this kid I met at school...well he's sharp and quirky, like so straightforward he can shock you at times. I know he's doing some acting, writing and music and stuff like that. He's funny and warm-looking.
    I dunno, sometimes he puts himself out there...too often? He always ends up getting the attention he wants tho. As someone who shares the Fi function I'm a lill butthurt, well sometimes. I'm quirky too but ppl don't buy that, not a lot do. I like my friends but the convos are always one-on-one. And I sometimes wonder, well how he gets to handle a crowd so nicely...like that.
    I dunno...is it because I never ask for stuff? n stuff

If he's openly shoving himself down the public's throat that much he's probably ESFP. I don't know why you typed him as Introvert.

ISFPs are like Bob Dylan. They quietly drift from place to place experiencing whatever they can, then moving on. They're the feeling equivalent of the INTJ in this regard.

I think you just typed him this way because he's into things like music, art, and acting, and it's apparently so blatantly obvious that "OH MY GOD, ESFP IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO VAPID AND SHALLOW HE CAN NEVER APPRECIATE ART OR HUMAN EMOTION"

Prejudices.
    ESFP is not different from ISFP. If he's outgoing, he is ESFP. If he's quiet, he is ISFP. Type names like "the Artist" and "the Performer" and "the Mastermind" mean nothing. They were invented by some self-important Keirsey-using fool in the advertising department who felt like swaying a psychological theory his way with his biases.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/3
    Socionics

I dunt think he's an extrovert...he's outspoken yes, he seeks attention yes, but whenever I see him he's always on his own. He's the kind of person sitting alone in the corner and keeps throwing words n stuff at the crowd. And he seems unpleasant to ppl he doesn't have interest in. I just can't see extroverts doing that. And nope I don't see esfps shallow. I know one with real good taste in music.

Quote Originally Posted by utopianfish View Post
    I dunt think he's an extrovert...he's outspoken yes, he seeks attention yes, but whenever I see him he's always on his own. He's the kind of person sitting alone in the corner and keeps throwing words n stuff at the crowd. And he seems unpleasant to ppl he doesn't have interest in. I just can't see extroverts doing that. And nope I don't see esfps shallow. I know one with real good taste in music.
    ESTPs are often alone, especially if they have other types like Enneagram 8, sx/sp, Zodiac signs like Capricorn or Sagittarius. What you described sounds like ESTP.

If he's into things like art and he sits in the back of the room alone throwing words at people, I wouldn't hesitate to say he's ENFJ. They have all the same cognitive functions as ESTP.

Introvert does not equal "loner." If he's visibly exhausted from contact with others, he's an introvert. If not, he just values his independence over social relationships. I wouldn't blame him, even ENFPs often behave this way.

EDIT: ISFPs are renowned for being the most "easy-going," even more so than the externally-supine IxTJs because IJ types usually have a strong internal unease that keeps them "in chains," whereas IPs are just distant and would rather not play by other people's rules.

MBTI
    Isfp

I really doubt your friend is a isfp because i am a isfp and i am not popular because i like having only a few close friends also your friend would probably be a esfp