User Tag List

123 Last

Default Are boring threads on typologycentral a consequence of.......

banning and pushing away all of the fun colorful members? Or is it because the only advancement of the theory is by psychos injecting mysticism and confusion directly into MBTI's already scraggly veins??? Or is it because I fail to follow up on replies to my posts because I just don't care anymore????? Is it b/c Marm and TG and that one guy who was mysteriously disappeared for no apparent reason are no longer here to push buttons? Is it because socionics forums are more unf unf and a little more exciting???
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    banning and pushing away all of the fun colorful members? Or is it because the only advancement of the theory is by psychos injecting mysticism and confusion directly into MBTI's already scraggly veins??? Or is it because I fail to follow up on replies to my posts because I just don't care anymore????? Is it b/c Marm and TG and that one guy who was mysteriously disappeared for no apparent reason are no longer here to push buttons? Is it because socionics forums are more unf unf and a little more exciting???
    It's the death of evolution and the rise of humanity, clearly. Stagnation....enough for everyone!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

I hope Zara stays if he decides to come back.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think the reason is thinking combined with a lack of balls

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I hope Zara stays if he decides to come back.
    Me too.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I could start some pretty provocative threads to keep people entertained, but I would need to get an OK on it first.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I could start some pretty provocative threads to keep people entertained, but I would need to get an OK on it first.
    Careful. Someone once got permabanned for denying the holocaust (though I might have missed the nastier details).

re thread: I think we lack members who create threads routinely. Zara, Lark, Giggly, RaptorWizard, among others, used to create some good ones. Sometimes it's more about the kick-off.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Careful. Someone once got permabanned for denying the holocaust (though I might have missed the nastier details).
    Where are TypeC servers based? If they are US based as far as I know the law have clauses which protect such speech. In NZ discrimination on the basis of political opinion is specifically prohibited, and there has been one very controversial case around that recently. Often, you have to decide which clauses are the most important, because they often conflict with each other. Re minorities, my interpretation is that speech itself is not prohibited, but actively harassing an individual member on that basis is. However that would be covered under existing harassment laws, so I would argue what the need is.

Specifically around forums, the question is that if you are the owner, even if the forum is your private property...are you not still subject to the law? Wait a minute. We have just got an interesting discussion all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    re thread: I think we lack members who create threads routinely. Zara, Lark, Giggly, RaptorWizard, among others, used to create some good ones. Sometimes it's more about the kick-off.
    I am not the most imaginative guy around. We need Ne users, people who are overflowing with ideas that they are desperate to share with everyone

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Where are TypeC servers based? If they are US based as far as I know the law have clauses which protect such speech. In NZ discrimination on the basis of political opinion is specifically prohibited, and there has been one very controversial case around that recently. Often, you have to decide which clauses are the most important, because they often conflict with each other. Re minorities, my interpretation is that speech itself is not prohibited, but actively harassing an individual member on that basis is. However that would be covered under existing harassment laws, so I would argue what the need is.
    Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

Specifically around forums, the question is that if you are the owner, even if the forum is your private property...are you not still subject to the law? Wait a minute. We have just got an interesting discussion all of a sudden
    true

I am not the most imaginative guy around. We need Ne users, people who are overflowing with ideas that they are desperate to share with everyone
    I used to often create threads and then regret it, lol. I have a few possibly interesting ideas in mind, but I'm trying to focus on career related stuff atm.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am going to start a thread on this ^^^