User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Things are boring without tension. This goes for books, movies, events, parties, etc. On the short term lack of it is needed and is nice, but in the long term it's needed. The problem is, a balance of tension is needed. It's very easy to have tension become a problem.

Forums die when there aren't people to push back against. Whether it is the mainstayers trying to push out tollish types, or trolls that took over and the prolific members stay silent and ignore them or leave.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    PURE

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Jump in!

*push*
    Okay, I'll give it a proper try.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Things are boring without tension. This goes for books, movies, events, parties, etc. On the short term lack of it is needed and is nice, but in the long term it's needed. The problem is, a balance of tension is needed. It's very easy to have tension become a problem.

Forums die when there aren't people to push back against. Whether it is the mainstayers trying to push out tollish types, or trolls that took over and the prolific members stay silent and ignore them or leave.
    The old forum I used to post on went through some rough patches because of bans and a general sense of discontentment. In that case though, I was in the crowd of trolls. We were just trying to have a good time. This is the internet. Not a nursery. If there can't be humor and some firey spirit now and then, yeah, I agree, things get stagnant. One of the reasons the net became such a great refuge ( for me ) is because of the amount of freedom that can / could be had. It helped me grow a thicker skin and learn how to see other people's points of view without being a reactive crybaby.
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

americans

MBTI
    PURE

It's that obvious?
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    It helped me grow a thicker skin and learn how to see other people's points of view without being a reactive crybaby.
    The first thing I had to learn on the internet was how to be insulted by teenagers, this came as a surprise, but so was the reward: resilience.

MBTI
    INFP

There's always the Graveyard.

Default Nurturing Neurosis

But just look around us: most threads are distractions. Most threads consist of psychological defence mechanisms to distract us from our daily psychological pain.

And psychological defence mechanisms are necessarily repetitive and so necessarily boring.

And psychological defence mechanisms are repetitive to lull us into a trance where we can hide our daily psychological pain even from ourselves.

And psychological defence mechanisms are far more powerful when they are shared in a group, that is why we gather in congregations or gather on Typology Central.

But what an unnecessary tragedy: that on a site devoted to psychology, we nurture neurosis.

MBTI
    PURE

「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so