User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You should definitely just do it. The world needs boldness. I think a lot of what you have to say is something people would find very intriguing... they are likely to be popular threads.
    Methinks you are either being sarcastic or trying to get me banned.

However if not...I started a thread earlier here http://www.typologycentral.com/test/...ad.php?t=70430

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

...your tastes? Yes.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

oh wow, mbti is psychology? i guess astrology is physics too, right? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

It's probably because the interesting members and the thread starters aren't here.

MBTI
    PURE

I've been lurking for a decent chunk of time. I spend a lot more time reading than posting. From what I've taken away so far, this place is fine if you're a well known and established member, but if you're new, wading in is a bit difficult. This might be because I'm indecisive / not used to the way things are done here / not sure where or when I'd like to add something or, it may be that these boards have a steep learning curve on the social front. Just my opinion though.
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    I've been lurking for a decent chunk of time. I spend a lot more time reading than posting. From what I've taken away so far, this place is fine if you're a well known and established member, but if you're new, wading in is a bit difficult. This might be because I'm indecisive / not used to the way things are done here / not sure where or when I'd like to add something or, it may be that these boards have a steep learning curve on the social front. Just my opinion though.
    Hah! I looked at my first few posts here. The funny thing is that I just went right in, posted a heated issue, and things exploded. I didn't think too much about how things are done around here (just as long as I follow a few simple rules and not get banned.) Unfortunately, not many of the people that posted in that thread go on, or they are rarely "on" now. Forum is still trying to attract new members, or members who have a stronger staying power.

Don't be afraid of most of the members around here, they may post things that sound offensive or trollish from time to time, but they won't hurt you.

MBTI
    PURE

I had a similar experience actually. I'm not afraid to post because I'm afraid of the members. I'm afraid to post because I'm unsure if I'm saying exactly what I mean to say. It's a self-regulation thing. This isn't my first forum, typology or otherwise. Honestly though, I shouldn't complain. Today is probably the first day that I've spent time actually saying something instead of making 2 posts, lurking for bit and then leaving. If I manage to show up tomorrow or the day after, instead of weeks later then maybe I'll become more familiar to people and whatever ' awkwardness ' I'm feeling will subside a bit - tl;dr
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

What it is that you would be afraid of happening as a result of not knowing how things are done here? Or is it a general anxiety not necessarily related to an expected outcome?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    PURE

It's general. Maybe I'm just sulking a little because I can't just lay back in the shadows like I do everywhere else because I realized that there are people around that I actually want to talk to. Sometimes though, it's more of just me feeling like there's nothing to add to an ongoing conversation.
    So, I just don't.
    「open up your throat。」
    4w5 - 6w5 - 1w2 sp/so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

It's general. Maybe I'm just sulking a little because I can't just lay back in the shadows like I do everywhere else because I realized that there are people around that I actually want to talk to. Sometimes though, it's more of just me feeling like there's nothing to add to an ongoing conversation.
    So, I just don't.
    Jump in!

*push*