First 12341252 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'll look out for one, then.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I haven't tried Teamspeak. But I know that Skype and Yahoo! Messenger can have lags, garbles, and other distortions as distance and the number of people increases.

Just saying. There are technical issues to be considered.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I've used Teamspeak in the past... lags and distortions were minimal from the times I used it (something like 15 or so people... divided into 3 channels). I don't think you'll know about server load/usage until you've actually tested it out.

Skype rules! Voice chat is great. I'd do it any time. Let me know.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Skype rules! Voice chat is great. I'd do it any time. Let me know.
    Hi, I have just downloaded Skype. My Skype name is shortus. I would be pleased to hear from you.

Victor.

Default The First

Quote Originally Posted by Victoryismine View Post
    Hi, I have just downloaded Skype. My Skype name is shortus. I would be pleased to hear from you.

Victor.
    I am keen to talk with someone on Skype. Who will be first?

Victor.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I've used Teamspeak in the past... lags and distortions were minimal from the times I used it (something like 15 or so people... divided into 3 channels). I don't think you'll know about server load/usage until you've actually tested it out.
    So it sounds like Teamspeak might be the best choice. I already have Skype, but I don't mind trying something else. Is Teamspeak a free program?

Would we use video, too, or just audio?

I got a fantastic headset from Radio Shack for about $13 - one ear coverage and a mike. I was using it to talk to a sound engineer and he was amazed at how great the sound quality was.

Default Macs and PCs

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So it sounds like Teamspeak might be the best choice. I already have Skype, but I don't mind trying something else. Is Teamspeak a free program?

Would we use video, too, or just audio?

I got a fantastic headset from Radio Shack for about $13 - one ear coverage and a mike. I was using it to talk to a sound engineer and he was amazed at how great the sound quality was.
    I think Teamspeak is just for PCs. I don't think Teamspeak is for Macs.

But Skype is for Macs and PCs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Errm not to be a party pooper but Teamspeak would require a sever we could hijack (plus teamspeak is very poor quality, yes it is free though). As for Skype, wouldn't that kill the poor sod who's computer was running the conference? I thought there had to be one host computer, who would need a very good connection to the net.

For the last year or so I've been on an FPS clan and, if we're going to go the sever route, the software we use, Ventrilo, much better quality of sound than Teamspeak. When I used to use Teamspeak it could become difficult to hear what other people were saying.

I'm just thinking that as half of you don't speak proper english like what I do, it could get a little messy
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'm just thinking that as half of you don't speak proper english like what I do, it could get a little messy
    :yim_rolling_on_the_