Learned a trick the other day, if you have tight-fitting shoes that you want to expand just a tiny bit. (Not sure if this works on anything except canvas Toms-style shoes and women's flats/heels, because those are all that I've tried this method with.)
- Fill two sandwich bags part full with water
- Stuff the water-filled part into each shoe so that it fills up the entire toe area, or as much of it as you can
- Put shoes in the freezer until the water freezes (with freezing, the water will expand slightly, which will expand the shoes as well)
- Take shoes out of freezer and let thaw a bit
- Remove sandwich bags from shoes, wipe dry
- Wear and enjoy!
@johnnyyukon I use hand sanitizer on my glasses as well! Works pretty amazingly.