User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being lost?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I like it

12 25.00%
  • I have enjoyed it on occasion

18 37.50%
  • No I don't like enjoy it

16 33.33%
  • I have never been lost

2 4.17%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Do you enjoy being lost?

I love it. It doesn't happen to me often but when it does I get a real kick out of it. There are a bunch of reasons I like it, none of which would interest you I'm sure.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am a mixed bag here.

I love getting lost and having the challenge of finding my way back -- that part is fun, where I can test my sense of direction and my intuition and knowledge.

Unfortunately, I am usually on a tight time-frame with things, or have some things I wanted to do; getting lost means I waste a lot of time and miss out on some things I was hoping to do.

So it's like a balance between the "fun" of puzzling my way out, versus the inconvenience of wasted time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

I love it... sometimes.

I use to try to getmyself lost when walking around in new areas... And I'm a real expert at getting lost when I drive... must to the irritation of those with me (All that said, my sense of direction and map reading is pretty good... I just like the concept of driving off somewhere I've never been...)

Hmm, it very much depends on where I'm lost.

I've fallen asleep on the Tube and woken up in god-knows-where with the lines about to close. That isn't fun, since I do vaguely value my life and don't particularly want to get stabbed/mugged on a random walk home.

On the other hand it can be fun to try and work out where you are and form a strategy for getting back to where you want to be. This might involve:

a) aimless driving/rambling, taking in the sights at a leisurely pace until the fact you're actually lost starts to settle in
    b) a gut instinct that's inevitably wrong but somehow still gets you where you're going
    c) asking passers by
    d) thinking (in a drunken stupour) that a mate would probably find it funny if you rang them at 3 in the morning and asked them to load up Multimap and guide you home.

(d) is a mistake you only make once.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Getting lost is either good or bad. I don't mind getting lost if I'm not scheduled to do anything -- it's an opportune time to explore and perhaps be inspired with new ideas. However, if I get lost because I can't find a place that I'm supposed to be, then that's a very bad thing.

MBTI
    INFJ

When I move to a new location, I often intentionally try to get lost and then find my way back. It really helps me learn a place and I enjoy the little discoveries along the way.

But if I get lost when I have stuff to do and places to be--very very not good.

MBTI
    ENTP

I have an excellent sense of direction, so it's really hard for me to get lost.
    But if I don't have any plans I sometimes take the scenic route.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

I don't mind being lost. I often enjoy the challenge trying to find my way back from somewhere foreign to somewhere familiar.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I love it. It doesn't happen to me often but when it does I get a real kick out of it. There are a bunch of reasons I like it, none of which would interest you I'm sure.
    Haha, my INFP friend got lost in the Georgian woods - twice!

(And by Georgia I mean the other Georgia.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    I don't mind being lost. I often enjoy the challenge trying to find my way back from somewhere foreign to somewhere familiar.
    Then there are times when I do something like this;

I started at the Red click, ended at the blue one... and wanted to be at the pin. I have never heard the end of me getting so into the countryside out there... But I was enjoying it. My GF became much less amused when her phone switched to roaming
    Last edited by ptgatsby; 01-21-2008 at 12:13 PM.